Pete Soulby

E39 525i Touring Sport

Looks a nice E39 Touring! Especially after a wash. Keep the updates coming. Has the auto box been serviced in the past? If not it might be prudent to do so in the coming weeks. 

The Touring looks good after its wash Pete,i think any new to you car purchase looks better after a spruce up and you have started to make it your own,

We,ve just sold our 530i Sport Tourer for an e61 and i,ve been wondering if we had dropped an almighty bollock,but since giving it a good clean in and out and doing a few cosmetic jobs(back windows tinted,headlight polish)i am starting to feel a bit better about the change,

Good luck with your new purchase and keep the updates coming.

Yup; they can just pop off, did it on my previous E38 ;) Glad it was just that and not snapped etc

Re front clunks; could be the main arms, but could be cheap drop links or the ARB bushes, so start cheap and work from there

FYI; these cars do not like cheap parts! 

Re the oil; that's a pricey drink, I just make do with ECP's own TripleQX, found it to be very good! However, the last 2 Crosland filters I used both fell apart and it was a swine to clear the filter housing of all the debris, I just stick to Mann filters now!

Edited by d_a_n1979

We've very rough country lanes around where I live; had no issues with Meyle drop links failing, so I'd highly recommend those than budget ones. They're not that expensive, but better than unknown brands from your local motorfactors IMO

However, it's your £££ ;) 

I'm on coilovers that are set medium to hard as well!

Yeah; think I mentioned the 50% off sale ECP had just before Christmas, I bought 10l of 5W40 Triple QX oil and a few Mann filters; worked out at £28 or something daft like that :roll::lol: