Hi folks, Happy New Year|

Thanks for letting me join this forum.

I am looking for some advice on wheel colour please.

I just bought a 2015 F11 in Alpine white and i am getting the alloys powder coated next week as they have a few marks on them.

The question is Silver or Gunmetal? I cannot get BMW silver as the powder coating company does not have it. I can get sparkle silver which is a very high polished silver kind of like a dull chrome or gunmetal.

I have attached a picture of what my wheels are like at present- not my actual car but the same colour spec etc and a picture of the actual gun metal on a previous job on a VW also the sparkle silver as done on a mini.

I would be gratfull for any advice

Thanks in advance!5a4b8564713c2_sparklingsilver..jpg.2ff0f682f017b03636c6783e68e989ee.jpg5a4b85af40173_wheelcolour..jpg.b1cf454a6fb95b9665bdca79a6e993f6.jpgf11.jpg.cd3d7184090f64ba82bfbf8b0e784d51.jpg

5a4b93ffe1f67_wheelcol.jpg.7891a7dff326a6417091037811bfcde6.jpg   Another option - this may be better not as dark as gun metal?

Anthracite grey?

Edited by mjk100
add a new photo

7 hours ago, mjk100 said:

Thanks Atkin92, You dont happen to a have a picture do you?

Yes ovcourse, I will get you some photos tomorrow when i give it a wash 

On 06/01/2018 at 6:16 PM, mjk100 said:

That would be great thanks. Spent ages looking online but struggling. I wish the powder coating company just had the OEM silver.

Here you go, hope this helps!

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

Thanks for the pictures. That was very good of you and you are right the anthracite does match very well. Nice well kept car Atkin92.

Just come back from the powder coating company but they don't have anthracite in stock. I have decided to go for gun metal which is quite close  to the colour that was on my 1 series diamond cut wheels.

I would still rather have bright silver as original but i will have to go with the gun metal. Fingers crossed as i have just bought the car.

Thanks for your help

1 hour ago, mjk100 said:

I would still rather have bright silver as original but i will have to go with the gun metal. Fingers crossed as i have just bought the car.

Can you not go to another wheel refurbishers rather than settling for gunmetal? OEM Silver or close gets my vote, particularly on a white car. ;)

C.

I'm in South West Scotland and the closest wheel refurbisher which is the one im using is 70 miles away. There is another company 60 miles north but their silver is not like OEM either.

Thanks

Surely the OEM colour isn't do or die. A good bright silver is all that would be required to give the "wow" factor. ;)

C. 

OEM colour is hyper silver.

I got mine powder coated to match the existing colour and came back a shade darker, but it works on my silver car.

Being in SW Scotland who are you using to do your wheels?

Dumfries Powder Coating are doing the wheels.

They don't have a bright silver. They have sparkle silver which is silver with a fleck but is still quite dull.

They do have chrome but i think it will be too much bling and will clash with the white body.