Saint Matt

E39 530D Sport Manual

For the time yes I agree, but even rounded up to 200bhp, at 15-1600kg with longish gearing it doesn't make for a fast car IMO. Depends what you've had before I guess :) I'm just buying one because I love the shape and I'm sick of my Mk4 Golf haha.

Edited by Saint Matt

Well I bought the Avus Blue 525d I mentioned earlier. It needs a fair few bits but it comes with the most expensive parts needed and also a decat/EGR delete, as well as being cheap so I couldn't turn it down really. I bought it on Friday, the same day that I accepted a new job AND completed on our first house so a pretty busy day! The house means it's going to sit for a little while until I get time to fix it up.

The golf's been a trooper to be fair, I've done over 40k in it and it's only cost me around £500 in consumables in that time, never let me down. It even went to Le Mans a couple of summers ago. I'm just going to keep it as a spare car should anything drastic go wrong with the M57 ("once bitten..." and all that!)

Good work. 

I had a bora tdi that covered over 100k miles in 4 years and cost me less in that time than the e39 in a third of the mileage. 

But it was a Bora