d_a_n1979

Anyone else on the festive catering duties?!

Been running around today getting a lot sorted; collecting the turkey and goose Sat morning (turkey for Christmas Day, goose for Boxing Day 'cold cuts') ;)

Gravy, pork & sage and sage & onion stuffings made today, both now in the freezer and x2 christmas puddings (one whisky based, the other brandy) done a few weeks back and sitting nice and cool under the stairs :mrgreen: 

TBH I love it; love cooking anyways (someone has to feed me :lol: )  and love the family get togethers (we're together Christmas Day, Boxing Day, 28th Dec (extended family gathering), New Years Eve, New Years Day, 2nd and 13th Jan, the latter 2 are birthdays) :shock::lol: 

Just been to Waitrose to pick up the last few bits and loads of various pickles for Boxing Day (TBH I prefer the food on Boxing Day as I do to Christmas Day)!

So, all done now... Just need to get a few bits done around the house then it's beer o'clock! ;) 

Me too, nothing better than to see people enjoy their food, makes it all worth the effort.

I'm going to do roast duck for Christmas Day, crunchy roast potatoes, and plenty of veggies, my kids love veggies.... even sprouts (fry bacon pieces in olive oil with garlic, chuck the sprouts in fry for a minute, then add a little water steam for no more than 5 mins).

We'll be also celebrating Christmas Eve (Spanish/Polish influences), Langoustines in garlic sauce, morcilla (spanish black pudding) with fried quails eggs on baguette slices, breaded pork loins (super tender mini-schnitzels)

Oh... and I'll make churros for breakfast on Christmas day...

Edited by themanstan

51 minutes ago, themanstan said:

Me too, nothing better than to see people enjoy their food, makes it all worth the effort.

I'm going to do roast duck for Christmas Day, crunchy roast potatoes, and plenty of veggies, my kids love veggies.... even sprouts (fry bacon pieces in olive oil with garlic, chuck the sprouts in fry for a minute, then add a little water steam for no more than 5 mins).

We'll be also celebrating Christmas Eve (Spanish/Polish influences), Langoustines in garlic sauce, morcilla (spanish black pudding) with fried quails eggs on baguette slices, breaded pork loins (super tender mini-schnitzels)

Oh... and I'll make churros for breakfast on Christmas day...

Sounds bloody brilliant to me!

Love spanish/catalan food

Love veggies too; I try and grow as much as possible! We'll be on home grown cavolo nero, sprouts, parsnips, carrots and swede (mashed, of course) ;) and scorzonera (an old English root veg). It'll be roast root veg (spuds, parsnips and carrots) and sprouts will go into roast for the last 30mins (they roast superbly and take on a superb, nutty flavour). Well worth trying ;) 

We're on Kedgeree for Christmas Day brekkie :mrgreen: 

I'll be cooking on Christmas day but I'm working every day up to it including the Eve so Mrs Sharkfan has the shopping duties. I do enjoy the satisfaction of getting a big meal just right but like everything else I'm tough on myself about the details.

Fuck that! 

Going the pub by mine on Christmas Day let some other fucker clean up! 

Im not a fan of Christmas if I'm honest! If I want to see you I'd make the effort throughout the year! I don't, so why would I want to see you on Christmas Day....

bah humbug! 

:lol: 

also I'm still working throughout the day so that kind of takes the shine off things.... 

14 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Fuck that! 

Going the pub by mine on Christmas Day let some other fucker clean up! 

Im not a fan of Christmas if I'm honest! If I want to see you I'd make the effort throughout the year! I don't, so why would I want to see you on Christmas Day....

bah humbug! 

:lol: 

also I'm still working throughout the day so that kind of takes the shine off things.... 

Miserable fecker :lol:

Only cooking for 8 this year instead of the usual 13 or 14. Nearly bought the massive turkey due to habit. 

Mrs Mcfar likes the traditional boiled (soggy) sprouts and hates my fried sprouts n bacon, which frankly is the only way to eat sprouts.

Gravy, bread sauce n 6000 calories of food and beer wonder on Christmas day, lovely. 

I'll be doing the Christmas lunch for 10 as usual.  Turkey, gammon, bacon, pigs in blankets,  stuffing, chestnuts, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, mashed swede, sprouts, red cabbage, broccoli, carrots.  Christmas pud, mince pies, Christmas cake and fruit salad for afters.  Collecting most of it on Christmas Eve as the butcher is open specially.