Jonny2400

New Grill Fitted

Just swapped over my standard all chrome grill for one of the Gloss double slot all Black ones. Now I read plenty that removing the existing grills is a 2 min job .. just grip them and pull firmly out !!

That was not my case .. took ages to get them out .. one of the vins actually cracked I was pulling so hard .. in the end I had to hack saw them out. Anyway photos .. the new grill was £37 from eBay and fitted like a glove.

IMG_1877.PNG

IMG_1876.PNG

Edited by Jonny2400

On 24/12/2017 at 8:47 AM, Paulo said:

Doesn’t look great with the bit where the m badge should go, but qudos for not putting a m badge on it 

I agree ... to be honest the photos on the website site didn’t show it and I had fitted the left hand side one before I pulled out the right one from the box.

I still amazed i managed to remove my original chrome one without breaking it at all!! 

I'm happy with the new grill though, decided to go down the vinyl sticker route myself instead of the M-Sport covers etc.

I think the ebay covers make the grille look cheap to be honest,  just covering the face of the slat seemed to be a nice in between for me.

1 hour ago, Jonny2400 said:

Well I listen to your comments and to be honest the M badge part was annoying me so ... this is how she looks now .. better ? 

I settled with Chrome with Black double fins.. 

IMG_2058.PNG

IMG_2059.PNG

Did you just pull these or loosen the bumper??

I agree. Much better now. On my old E39 540i, I wanted the facelift style but the all chrome seemed a bit chrome, despite being correct for the V8. So I went for the 6 cylinder style of chrome outers and black slats and thought they looked very nice.

I'm loosely considering the same for my F11.

I'm considering a grill mod on mine too. 

After another drunken session on ebay I bought some light blue, dark blue red M slashes for not a lot of cash.  Still haven't fitted them as I was then sober when they arrived. :unsure:

But I like the chrome and black though.  Trying to picture than on my Tit silver car.  It certainly works well on the OPs dark car.

Urgh, i really dislike the coloured slashes.  Glad you sobered up. :-D

Stick to genuine parts/accessories in general,  I think! (do my number plate surrounds count?) 

Edited by SuperDave

16 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Urgh, i really dislike the coloured slashes.  Glad you sobered up. :-D

Stick to genuine parts/accessories in general,  I think! (do my number plate surrounds count?) 

Wel, you see, l I saw them on a tit silver F30 driven by a respectable looking middle aged man and thought perhaps they didn't look too bad :unsure:.  The silver just looks a bit flat as do most of the BMWs colours tbh and a splash of colour  might just do something :unsure:.

Until I then received from the slow boat from China.  They are in the same place as the ///M valve covers I bought the previous time I mixed beer, whisky and ebay.