barracuda

Window Wipers

Hi, I tried couple of different options and at the went for OEM and no regrets! They are quieter than everything else but more expensive! My choice is OEM.

I've noticed these last few days that my passenger side wiper blade has lifted clear of the glass at about mid point along the blade, almost as if the wiper arm is not exerting enough pressure to keep the blade in contact with the glass and hence is missing an area of screen.  I've tried pushing/bending the blade but to no avail.  I'm wondering if the arm itself has moved out of alignment somehow, but any ideas appreciated before I buy a new pair of blades...

So, I ordered a set of the bosch aerotwin wipers and fitted them, but alas my problem of part of the swept area being missed still exists

it seems as if the spring hinge on the wiper arm has become bent or otherwise is not exerting enough downward pressure on the blade to ensure 100% contact along the length of the blade.

I've got a part number of 61617198597 (Item 1 on the diagram) but can only find second hand ones on ebay.  Does anybody know if the spring can be fixed?  I don't really want to remove the arm assembly and then find out it can't be.

diag_3cxd.png

the pivot can seize up, lubricate it liberally (taking care not to cover the windscreen in oil!)  then give the arm a good wiggling through its travel.

46 minutes ago, welshpug said:

the pivot can seize up, lubricate it liberally (taking care not to cover the windscreen in oil!)  then give the arm a good wiggling through its travel.

Oh, never thought of that - great idea!  Will try that asap