olly22n

My E34. 1989 535iA SE

I thought I’d start a thread. This is my second E34 and 7th 5 series (e12, e28x2, e39x2)

i collected it yesterday and am totally smitten. It needs a few jobs attending to and then general maintenance but I’m happy to press it into daily duties.

im planning to keep it as faithful as possible.

5B083167-0E6F-457B-868A-390B37D35FCF.jpeg

Nice! We want to see more pictures! :)

What mileage does it have? Auto or Manual?

Oh, I still love the shape of e34! Memories I guess! :)

9 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Lovely looking car; what's the full spec? Seats? Leccy? Material? Air-con? Etc

It’s a 535i, automatic with manual comfort leather seats.

Options are sunroof and climate control.

I’d really like heated seats so thinking about a possible retrofit.

7E5908A4-10F3-44A1-AE39-037902B1F712.png

Olly, I test drove this car before Stuart, the PO, bought it, you definitely have a  nice car there.

One thing I would do is take the front wings off, when I inspected it on a ramp, I detected the start of corrosion on the undersides of the wings, a very common E34 problem.  If it's just starting as I assessed it was, then I would simply wirebrush off any rust and hammerite the metal.

The only other thing I would consider doing is replacing the wheels.  The car is on genuine Sports suspension but my gut instinct is that most of the benefits of sports suspension are negated by those massive tyre walls on the 15" rims.

Drop me a PM if you want to know more about the car, I know the previous owner before Stuart.  Also did you get the spreadsheet that recorded all the service history?

Thank you for the heads up.

as it stands it just going to get used so I’ll inspect it come the spring for rust as I get it ready for a Euro jaunt this summer.

ive had a lot of 5ers and this is most definitely a good one. I’m really enjoying it