roofer

FFS!

2 hours ago, dj1233 said:

i find a lot of people with dash cams are the worst drivers out there!

I second that! 

Just the other day (Thursday I think?) I got the universal wanker sign given to me by a driver that was in the wrong lane going around a roundabout and then tried his hardest to squeeze me onto the other side of the rd as it was obviously my fault that he doesn't know the correct road position on roundabout's.... :rolleyes: 

anyway amongst his extra badly installed lights on the dash and the grafix on the windows (no it wasn't a police car! :lol: ) I noticed a dash cam attached to the rear view mirror, I'm just waiting for the tit to put it on YouTube then I'll rinse him on there! :lol: 

4 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

I second that! 

Just the other day (Thursday I think?) I got the universal wanker sign given to me by a driver that was in the wrong lane going around a roundabout and then tried his hardest to squeeze me onto the other side of the rd as it was obviously my fault that he doesn't know the correct road position on roundabout's.... :rolleyes: 

anyway amongst his extra badly installed lights on the dash and the grafix on the windows (no it wasn't a police car! :lol: ) I noticed a dash cam attached to the rear view mirror, I'm just waiting for the tit to put it on YouTube then I'll rinse him on there! :lol: 

if i was a copper i would pull over everyone with a dashcam to watch the footage and charge them with everything on there. It's like a robber wearing a GoPro on his head whilst ransacking someone's house. 

I bet the knobber motorcyclist who was overtaking slow-moving traffic by crossing double white lines at school-run time in Guildford the other day won't upload his footage... as he lost control and skidded to a halt and stalled his bike when he realised he wouldn't be able to squeeze past me coming the other way. I had to move close to the white lines due to cyclists using the cycle lane on my nearside. I had previously seen the same tosser with his helmet cam overtaking stationary traffic over a pedestrian crossing.

1 hour ago, Piper said:

If the amount of time and effort put into criminalising drivers had been put into catching thieves, rapists and murderers then this country would be a much safer place. 

^^ This. So much this ....

1 hour ago, Piper said:

If the amount of time and effort put into criminalising drivers had been put into catching thieves, rapists and murderers then this country would be a much safer place. 

you think that lot don't use vehicles?

In my daily life I'm far more at risk from wanky drivers than any of the ones mentioned above.

We pay our taxes for the police, a retired traffic police officer, an experience civil servant, or a civilian from a recognised driving association to police our roads - not people who may not know the Highway Code to police our roads and in some cases may have an axe to grind because they have nothing better to do.

On 16/12/2017 at 10:28 AM, dj1233 said:

i find a lot of people with dash cams are the worst drivers out there!

Agreed

Last week I was driving behind a driver who had a dash cam in lane 2 on the A1.  No cars in lane 1 for some distance.  I flashed him and nothing, I then notice he was swaying all over lane 2 and was looking at his mobile.  After about 1 mile I flashed a further three times and I wasn’t driving aggressively, he then realised he was lane hogging and moved into lane 1.  When I overtook him he flashed me as a rebuke (what for his bad driving?). 

I’m not judging the good drivers with dash cams who are genuinely protecting themselves.  I however conclude a fair percentage of people in the UK with dash cams don’t know the rules of the roads, and it is to hide their bad driving/riding so they can blame others for their incompetence 

12 hours ago, nealpina said:

I’m not judging the good drivers with dash cams who are genuinely protecting themselves.  I however conclude a fair percentage of people in the UK with dash cams don’t know the rules of the roads, and it is to hide their bad driving/riding so they can blame others for their incompetence 

Mate of mine got his dashcams after a spurious whiplash claim against him in a car park, and having been rear-ended (although luckily, no damage was done).

On 16/12/2017 at 10:18 AM, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Wankers.

(them, not you)

They're all going to be fucking cyclists as well.

Pretty well put!

I'd suggest that dash cams actually encourage bad driving. Instead of reading the road and making allowances for those who make the occasional mistake, you can now run into anyone with impunity.  I look forward to seeing them fitted to all the trucks at work :)

I've had cameras in my cars for c7 years now, wouldn't be without and luckily I've never had to use them in anger.

A friend has just had a young girl side swipe him in his Mrs Q5, she was in the wrong lane, admitted it out of the car but low and behold her insurance company are now pursuing him for fault and personal injury.

I cannot understand why someone with a car doesn't have one, he said he'd get one fitted to his Mrs and his, that was about 8 weeks ago...

They were actually originally developed in the US in the late '90s for driver training, I know because I used to fit the cameras to commercial vehicles and sell the trainer monitoring services here in the UK, but in the event of an actual accident the footage was deemed inadmissible and was not accepted in American courts as proof of liability.

A useful tool if used correctly, but this step smacks of yet more Big Brother policing!

Edited by pauliexjr

Another money making scheme that's been drip fed into the apathetic brains of most UK folk. But also the relentless coercion of the public to be part of the Police state. It's the modern Stasi...