paulie031

Death in the family

31 minutes ago, Coops said:

Sorry for your loss. It's hard but take each day as it comes.

Talking to total strangers on here is sometimes easier.

Losing someone close is the hardest thing you'll ever have to go through, talking about it makes it so much easier, even if you're talking shit to someone you don't know.

Funeral is tomorrow, been a long time coming dreding it tbh. I'mgoing back to work on Tuesday but don't want to leave my wife.

On top of that I applied for a new job a few weeks ago which I've got a pretty good chance of getting due to my background and people working there i know have also put some good words in for me. Trying to support my wife and father in law too

28 minutes ago, RightHandGoose said:

Condolences indeed.... Only been through this with my wife just a few years ago.. Your strength will be rewarded in many ways......thinking of you all tomorrow.

Does it get easier?

2 hours ago, paulie031 said:

Does it get easier?

Yes but we all handle it differently. I lost Mum 8 years ago but saw the last picture I had of her, my wife and I last week, it did me...

Going back to work is a good thing, back into a routine with things to take your mind off it.

Managed to get through the funeral and Ann had a great send off with lots of people there.  Now reality has hit us and got work tomorrow which I'm not looking forward too. Sorry guys just wanted to get things off my chest

23 hours ago, paulie031 said:

Managed to get through the funeral and Ann had a great send off with lots of people there.  Now reality has hit us and got work tomorrow which I'm not looking forward too. Sorry guys just wanted to get things off my chest

What you sorry for? Like I said earlier mate, talking about it makes it easier. Regarding going back to work, getting back into a routine will help, a lot. It's funny, me and the missus were just talking about my Nan as it would have been her birthday today, it absolutely broke my heart when she went as she looked after me a lot when I was young and it took me ages to get anywhere near normality after but it does get easier

Sorry about your nan fella, started back at work today. Found it really hard this morning and had a cry in the office with the health and safety last who was great tbh, and some of the boys I work with.

Got easier as the day went on but then felt anxious towards the end of the day as I knew it was reality if that doesn't sound daft

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, GoNz0 said:

Yes but we all handle it differently. I lost Mum 8 years ago but saw the last picture I had of her, my wife and I last week, it did me...

Going back to work is a good thing, back into a routine with things to take your mind off it.

Sorry to read of your loss. A sudden death is awfully traumatic, especially hard to bear at this time of year. As others have said, 'a day at a time' approach helps. The feeling of loss can come back years later though, and when you least expect it. My Father in Law was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in 1979 while on holiday but the anniversary last November hit my wife really hard. Good luck.