NuckingFuts

Non-AC Heater Panel WITH PCB

WANTED: 

Non Aircon heater Panel (two button, Three/Four (?) dial Variety) with working PCB needed please. 

Part Number: 64118371364 

Numbers 3+4 here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/null/showparts?id=DH32-EUR-11_1996_E39_BMW_523i&diagId=64_0677#64118371364 

Muchos Gracias Senors

Edited by NuckingFuts

I had no idea there was such a thing as an E39 without aircon - even the manual aircon ones are pretty rare here.  I'd be looking further afield than the UK I think - Irish eBay might throw one up if you look for breakers there, or another country where price was top priority.  Looks like it was only an option on really early cars too - up to 1998.

@Calypso-E34Some of the earlier Ex-Police models have it. I've only ever seen the manual controls in one other car. 

The part itself isn't for mine, but a friends 523i manual. Don't have the VIN but i would assume that it's base/poverty spec run around. 

I've searched and got alerts on ebay.com searching globally but it's rarer than rocking horse shit. 

Some parts sites want £800 new :blink: But i'm wondering if you can retrofit a manual dial kit with the AC button and just not connect it, if the panel and connectors are the same as then it would function as needed and then you have a spare button for extra goodies instead. 

Thanks anyway! 

15 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

I had no idea there was such a thing as an E39 without aircon - even the manual aircon ones are pretty rare here.  I'd be looking further afield than the UK I think - Irish eBay might throw one up if you look for breakers there, or another country where price was top priority.  Looks like it was only an option on really early cars too - up to 1998.

If you see the attached photograph, that panel is what i'm looking for, with the PCB included. 

Cheers

File 14-12-2017, 08 01 10.png

17 minutes ago, NuckingFuts said:

If you see the attached photograph, that panel is what i'm looking for, with the PCB included. 

The PCB seems to be the rarest part - there are a few of the front panel units on eBay.  One of them is being sold by Toby at BMMINIPARTS.com on his ebay site - might be worth asking him if he has the PCB?

45 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

The PCB seems to be the rarest part - there are a few of the front panel units on eBay.  One of them is being sold by Toby at BMMINIPARTS.com on his ebay site - might be worth asking him if he has the PCB?

Already did send him a message on ebay, but no reply as yet. this was only sunday/monday so can give it a day or so before i chase it. 

His advert does say that it's the panel only so might be a faulty PCB, which may also be why it it rarely seen anymore. 

Cheers

Hi NF,

Apologies for not coming back sooner, I don't have any parts like this unfortunately. Seems it's quite a rare setup too which hampers things for you. Fingers crossed one turns up for you quickly and at  a decent price!

Cheers, Dennis!

On 14/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, DennisCooper said:

Hi NF,

Apologies for not coming back sooner, I don't have any parts like this unfortunately. Seems it's quite a rare setup too which hampers things for you. Fingers crossed one turns up for you quickly and at  a decent price!

Cheers, Dennis!

Thanks Dennis. 

Am i correct in thinking you have a similar setup in your car? with the manual dials as opposed to climate control? I'm not going crazy am i? 

might need to visit a scrap yard, that might have an idea what they have available. 

any other breakers aside from Quarry? anyone have any experience with FAB or anyone else? 

Cheers

Deepan

Hi NF,

I do have the manual A/C panel, but the 3 control variety;

DSC05336.jpg

Quarry and FAB are good to purchase from but I'd also say look at any breakers on ebay and give Tims in Northampton a call as well !

Cheers, Dennis!