Jump to content
cossie1

iPhone X and Intravee

Recommended Posts

Hi, I recently replaced my iPhone 7 (that worked perfectly with my intravee, using a 12v - 5v adaptor and an apple 30 pin - lightning cable) with the iPhone X.

 

However the iPhone X doesn't seem to work with the intravee (it charges when I plug it in), but I just get the message on the radio (bmw business cd player) in my E46 M3 saying No iPod (or maybe it's No iPod Adaptor).

 

Therefore I get no music playing through the stereo.

 

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem or if my iPhone X is faulty ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an iphone8 and i have noticed that it will show no ipod sometimes. I have to disconnect/reconnect a couple of times and also ensure the single song (Silent MP3) that's loaded onto the phone is playing. I have the latest IOS so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

 

Maybe it's time to use bluetooth as I have the Carphonics upgraded BM54.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:38 PM, Zivago Lee said:

I have an iphone8 and i have noticed that it will show no ipod sometimes. I have to disconnect/reconnect a couple of times and also ensure the single song (Silent MP3) that's loaded onto the phone is playing. I have the latest IOS so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

 

Maybe it's time to use bluetooth as I have the Carphonics upgraded BM54.

 

This is what's happening to my iPhone 7 after the most recent apple software update. Have to plug in / unplug multiple times to get it to play music. Bummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so it's not iPhone X specific then, thats good to know.

 

Hopefully apple will fix it with an iOS update soon then.

 

In the meantime I will try connecting and disconnecting a few times to see if I can get it to work.


Thanks for the replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 12:00 PM, cossie1 said:

Hi, I recently replaced my iPhone 7 (that worked perfectly with my intravee, using a 12v - 5v adaptor and an apple 30 pin - lightning cable) with the iPhone X.

 

However the iPhone X doesn't seem to work with the intravee (it charges when I plug it in), but I just get the message on the radio (bmw business cd player) in my E46 M3 saying No iPod (or maybe it's No iPod Adaptor).

 

Therefore I get no music playing through the stereo.

 

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem or if my iPhone X is faulty ?

 

 

The exact same has happened to me, but I’ve noticed it’s not the phone. The phone stops charging after 20 secs which in turn then stops the music. If I keep the phone plugged in, and reboot the intravee from the headunit menu (Mk4) the phone starts charging again and music plays. 20 secs later it stops again. Can’t keep it going. I did notice the phone became really hot in the few attempts at rebooting the intravee.

 

Has anyone had any more luck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right i'm running iphone 8 with latest developer beta version (11.2.5 beta version 15D5049a) and intravee firmware v6.02-7146, only issue is that when selecting intravee on source (CD) it all works but reverts back to sat nav screen on its own  after a few seconds if you dont do anything but still plays music fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated to 11.2.2 last night.

 

Just tried it again with the intravee, and it's a bit better, if I start the music first, then I can get it to work, sometimes on the 2nd or 3rd attempt (disconnect and reconnect the cable), whereas before I couldn't get it to work at all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switching back to the Nav screen is normal if you don't use the 'rectangles' button to toggle between the Audio and other displays.  So sounds like it's a problem Apple are aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have updated to 11.2.5 beta 6 (public beta version) and confirm there is no issue with using the intravee now.

 

Just plug the phone in and the charging and music work as it always has done (finally).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update.

 

It's not the first time they have broken it with a firmware update, and I bet it won;t be the last.  But at least they do seem to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cossie1 said:

I have updated to 11.2.5 beta 6 (public beta version) and confirm there is no issue with using the intravee now.

 

Just plug the phone in and the charging and music work as it always has done (finally).

 

That’s handy, tried mine today running 11.2.1 and it was pretty hit & miss, will go to 11.2.2 for now and see if that helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intravee worked intermittently for a while with my iPhone x but since the last update I get nothing at all, not even charging. 

Currently on IOS 11.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I seem to be getting this same issue. I plug my iPhone X in and it starts charging, and it will play music for a while (like 10 secs or so) then stop. It also stops charging at the same time. It’s almost like the system goes to sleep. I know its not my phone because I can play the music normally without the intravee, but obviously I want this to work in the car. Trouble is it doesn’t always happen, so I don’t know what the problem is. It’s happened since iPhone 7/8 era and has continued after getting iPhone X so maybe its a recent iOS thing, or the alpine kca-420 is on it’s way out, or the charge converter. It’s hard to diagnose. I’ve replaced the scosche charge adapter and still the same issue. I’m hoping someone has an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×