the_real_pink_panther

2007 E60 523i (LCI) Xenon

When you turn your headlights on, do the xenons self adjust both up and down and side to side? 

If they only adjust up and down, you have normal xenons, if side to side as well, you have adaptive xenons 

I'm pretty sure that neither respond to speed. Wiper speed they do though!? 

Edited by teddy83

When dark. Light on auto.

Indicator left

Turn wheels left up to full lock

Car on park

Go out and see inner light left. I will be on and right one off

To be honest, if you wonder if you have it, then you do not. 

Very weird first time I drove my car in the dark 

Years of ownership later, it is still weird the way the light follow the steering wheel.

Once again. If you wonder, pretty sure you do not have it. It was a pretty expensive pack at the time and pretty rare

8 hours ago, the_real_pink_panther said:

I am not following, nothing was installed. The car came originally as a LCI with xenons. However i will try what you are saying.

Doesn't mean it's got adaptive xenons though. Different option

Edited by teddy83

If you had adaptive xenons you would tell.

Turning the wheel right moves the centre point of the light right, and left left etc.

Very noticeable when stationary and manoeuvring around in-front of a wall etc.

As teddy83 said above, not all xenons were made equally. Adaptive was an option.

Well I see them adjusting up and down, however my car is LCI (LIFE CYCLE IMPULSE) which states that my lens are adaptive....pre lci lamps are diff.....my car lights and interior match up to that of an LCI, the bumpers as well. When I run my vin it tells me that my car is LCI so i am lost here. But thanks for your help anyhow.

Provided you have xenons the inners are either blanks (to keep that BMW look) or cornering lights if you have the adaptive pack.

Xenons are not standard on LCI as you will see looking on autotrader, I used to close the advert the second I saw the 2nd adjusting wheel on the light switch module as that meant it had halogen lights. Halogens use the inner for headlights iirc.

(Reason I wanted Xenons was my crappy night vision)

1 hour ago, the_real_pink_panther said:

Well I see them adjusting up and down, however my car is LCI (LIFE CYCLE IMPULSE) which states that my lens are adaptive....pre lci lamps are diff.....my car lights and interior match up to that of an LCI, the bumpers as well. When I run my vin it tells me that my car is LCI so i am lost here. But thanks for your help anyhow.

You've got non adaptive xenons then. Being and LCI makes no difference as adaptive xenons weren't standard on LCI cars 

The wording "Dynamic" will be written on the light housing and visible if you look at the main bulb unit.

The inner bulb is a cornering bulb at speeds of 30mph and under if turning either left or right and with the use of the indicator it will illuminate.

As for the adaptive part, having your lights on Auto will make the adaptive part work having them on normally wont they only adjust up and down.

So at night switch to auto and while parked turn the wheel left and right you will see the beam pattern move as you turn.

It cant be anymore simpler, if you still cant get it despite all the above help then sell the car and buy a Yugo.

15 hours ago, teddy83 said:

I'm pretty sure that neither respond to speed. Wiper speed they do though!? 

I;ve noticed if you slow down to under the 30 the drivers side light seems to come into centre, go above and it moves out to the right.

I have no idea why lol i've tried searching but cant find anything about it.