robsey29

Wind noise from front screen

I have a lot of wind noise coming from the front screen from anything over 30mph. I have read other threads where the windscreen has been replaced and then the wind noise was apparent. However mine has not been replaced and nothing has changed in my 4 years of ownership, no chips or cracks etc in the screen itself.

Any pointers as to what the problem may be? 

Are all the trims pressed down properly?

Is the scuttle panel clipped down properly?

Could be worn trims, some sealant that's perished etc... Needs a proper look around/into I'd say

All the trims are fitted ok, will check the scuttle panel as this has been off recently to do both rocker cover gaskets so that could be the cupruit maybe...will have a good dig around just thought I would get any pointers before taking a closer look.

Odd as it may sound, check the front jacking point blocks are attached.  If they have fallen off air can get up the A pillar and cause quite a loud noise at speed.

1 hour ago, RichardP said:

Odd as it may sound, check the front jacking point blocks are attached.  If they have fallen off air can get up the A pillar and cause quite a loud noise at speed.

Thanks Richard will check there also saying that I replaced all 4 this year so maybe one is either not fitted correctly or fallen off.