Sign in to follow this  
nealpina

Good Aberdeen Breakfast near Train Station

As above on the night sleep from Euston to Aberdeen, will arrive about 7.30 depending on the weather. 

However any suggestions for a good brekky in the morning? 

Thanks in advance. 

What type of glory hole? In a public lavatory(not my thing), or in adult video booth which I could be tempted with (SWMBO will never find out LOL).

On a serious note sorry to read about your car and the stress it caused you and your family.   

25 minutes ago, nealpina said:

What type of glory hole? In a public lavatory(not my thing), or in adult video booth which I could be tempted with (SWMBO will never find out LOL).

On a serious note sorry to read about your car and the stress it caused you and your family.   

:lol:  Definitely the public toilet type! :lol: 

I suppose it's just one of them things, the car I mean! Like already said, a car (no matter how much it's worth) is just a piece of metal an glass! Which can be replaced, Skin and bone can't be! 

Yeah it's going to be a bit of a set back just before Christmas but I'm sure we'll come out of it ok in the end! 

Been looking at replacements and are E60/61's that bad? They are super super cheap! Like white goods cheap!

You can get into a F10 for around the £6k mark....

baffles the mind.....

8 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

suppose it's just one of them things, the car I mean! Like already said, a car (no matter how much it's worth) is just a piece of metal an glass! Which can be replaced, Skin and bone can't be! 

Yeah it's going to be a bit of a set back just before Christmas but I'm sure we'll come out of it ok in the end! 

If it was only the car which was  stolen then you will have the normal reaction with all the usual expletives on a public forum and nothing wrong with that.

However this was your family and this is not replaceable. Apart from the incident in the hotel, there are more people who are  good -  and will help when they know it’s genuine (there are a lot scams and liars in London therefore people are very weary in the capital and this does affect people’s good will).  However what I am saying,  the incident of the theft put the car into perspective and knowing that your family is safe, it does means everything to you, rather than some steel, glass, and let us not forget the two new tyres lol. 

8 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Been looking at replacements and are E60/61's that bad? They are super super cheap! Like white goods cheap!

baffles the mind.....

I’m not an expert with E60/61 or F10/11. However  I’m finding with second hand cars at the moment the demand for good quality specification is high. As an example with BMW models, people are trading-in their SE models and buying M-Sports or a bigger engine with all the toys. Also people who have cash are buying top specifications. In other words I am finding the good cars are going quickly and holding a higher value in the market place. As soon as new cars sales increase again the demand for top specifications models will reduced and be back in-line to which they were several months ago IMO

Edited by nealpina

7 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

baffles the mind.....

What kinda shit heap will that be?  One with timing chains made from cheese probably.

If it's an E60/1 you are after buy a manual petrol saloon that has spent its life under a car port. So no DPF, no swirl flaps, no rattling timing chains, no oil leaks, no egr, no autobox, no rear air springs, no water in the scuttles, no tailgate wiring.....

One of the best tangents on a forum lol. From talking about breakfast in Aberdeen to buying E60/1 to F10/1 and glory holes lol. I don’t mind as I didn’t see a a breakfast thread having too many replies. 

However time now is 8.45 and just left Edinburgh due to Strom Caroline. I may be doing the same trip next week therefore any good breakfast places not too far from Aberdeen Station or even on Union Square let me know. 

Well what do you expect, it's a BMW forum.

I work in the railway industry and I've checked the incident log, there are no issues reported between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. The WCML in Cumbria on the other hand is completely forked!

John Clark BMW dealer in Aberdeen makes a good coffee.

Go somewhere that serves butteries.....

11 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I wasn’t criticising or even am bothered about the tangent - I just didn’t expect it when I started the thread ^_^

12 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I work in the railway industry and I've checked the incident log, there are no issues reported between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. The WCML in Cumbria on the other hand is completely forked!

Cheers for that. The latest update from train staff: speed restrictions north of Dundee, but am glad the incident log is showing otherwise.  

15 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

John Clark BMW dealer in Aberdeen makes a good coffee.

Go somewhere that serves butteries.....

Going near there. Therefore may walk in and blag myself to a cup of coffee  :lol:    

I’m aware of the shopping centre but all the restaurants are the same as everywhere else. I just want that local cafe which the locals know, serves one of the best breakfast in Aberdeen, and is walking distance from the station. 

1 hour ago, nealpina said:

I wasn’t criticising or even am bothered about the tangent - I just didn’t expect it when I started the thread ^_^

Sorry, lol, I was tongue in cheek with .

2 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

We change direction so abruptly on here, an SNP politician would be jealous! 

Log is still showing clear but we cannot be held responsible for our lineside neighbours trampolines making their way onto our tracks!

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Sorry, lol, I was tongue in cheek with .

No worries wasn’t sure as there was no smilies or didn’t end with a lol. 

We change direction so abruptly on here, an SNP politician would be jealous! 

Lol. What are you trying to do with me now: a politics tangent, I will soon start talking about the mess of our Government, Brexit and trade deals and start arguing with everyone again NEAL DO NOT GO THERE :o  

Log is still showing clear but we cannot be held responsible for our lineside neighbours trampolines making their way onto our tracks!

I heard on the radio about the lineside neighbours trampolines :lol:

Arrived at Aberdeen about 11:50 only 4 hours and 30 minutes late. Edit: The longest train ride I ever been on in the UK, and thanks to delay repay will be free. 

Also I ate a breakfast at Carluccio’s which was nice, this was on my list to dine-in but they opened at 9:00

* added UK, because the longest train journey I have had is from New Delhi to Bangalore (Bengaluru). 

Edited by nealpina