Yokozuna

Some tw*t has nicked me car....

It was parked in Knightsbridge London as the wife took our daughter to harrods for the afternoon on Sunday for the Christmas thing that they do....

she whent back to the car, not there! 

She searched the streets just in case she hadn't parked it where she thought she did! 

At this point our daughter (3 year old) was crying because of tiredness :( 

the wife only had about £25 on her in cash and no cards as she left them in the car.....

so she phones the police, they can see it on ANPR entering London at 13:09 and hasn't triggered it again! So they said to ring the towing compound places to see if it's on their system? 

Nope (and still isn't! 2 days later!) so she's panicking now, go's to a hotel to sort our daughter out and for some help. 

The help she got was please leave if your not stating here! :angry: bastards.... 

in the mean time I'm trying to phone her, no answer! I'm at home manning the fort BTW! So panic is starting to set in on me and I'm starting to lose it! 

Then I gets a phone call from her phone (relief.... until I answer it!) it wasn't the wife....

it was a women from kirkby (of all places!) and she said that she found the phone in a taxi! Holy fuck!!!!!! So my wife and young daughter are stranded in London with no car, money, cards or phone! 

I then received a phone call from my wife about 2hrs after with her in floods of tears as she's in a police station and the police are trying to locate the car! 

I then gets a phone call 2hrs after that (it's about 12:20am now!) and she had managed to blag her way in to a Hilton! She managed to get a suite for a discounted price of £169! 

Thank the lord above (that I don't believe in...) that the two of them are safe :) 

so the following day (Monday) she gets up and phoned the compound place (still not on the system!) so then the police to report it stolen and then she needs to get home! 

According to the coppers, she can get a virgin train home with her crime reference number and pay for the ticket later? So they do that and I met them at Liverpool lime street station to collect them both :) 

Happy, happy, happy

so today the insurance phoned and said they need to organize a telephone interview and the next available time is 11:30am on Friday....

i also collected her phone from the lady that found it as she got home last night! 

Thankfully there is still some nice people in the world....

so after what could only be described as the worst 3-4 hrs of my life and the worst 36 hrs of my wife and daughters life things are back on track, apart from no car.....

could of done without this 3 weeks before Christmas but I don't suppose there is any "good" time to have your car stolen? 

so onwards and upwards I suppose! 

Got a hillbilly wagon to smoke round in for a bit so at least we're still mobile (just!) :lol: 

Shit :(

Glad they're ok pal, that's the most important thing!

Cars are just rusty metal at the end of the day...

Still, twatting cockwombles! Hope they get their heads caved in by some big, ugly, rave attending, energy drinking mong at some point... 

1 minute ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Shit :(

Glad they're ok pal, that's the most important thing!

Cars are just rusty metal at the end of the day...

Still, twatting cockwombles! Hope they get their heads caved in by some big, ugly, rave attending, energy drinking mong at some point... 

That is it! They are both ok a little tired but nothing actually happened to them! 

I couldn't give a shit about the car if I'm honest! 

And im sure I've met the person you have so elegantly described....

;) 

@Matthew Ashton it was a shitty E91 320d M-sport! 

I just hope it doesn't take months....

Bad luck fella, london doesn't seem to be too friendly to visitors. :( 

Must try that with virgin, claim daylight robbery each time I pay for one of their tickets, get a crime ref no and travel every second journey free. ;)

Sorry to hear about your tale. I can't even begin to imagine what your poor wife must have gone thru. Our littl'un is 3 too and that would have been an absolutely nightmare to make sure the littl'un was o.k. in the situation.

But as others have said, cars can be repaired or replaced, it's a bit more difficult with humans...

Sorry to hear and hopefully it's not a pain with the insurance. The fact the family is OK is the key. 

Have you checked the phones recent locations? If it's iPhone, they keep random data about where they have been. If it was in the car when it was taken, might be able to see the route it took to it's final destination before ending up in the taxi. Maybe the taxi was involved? Also speak to the phone network to see if they have access to which "towers" picked the phone up during that time period as it may give some sort of a picture of the route and times. Use this to find some CCTV and you may have something to go on. 

All depends on how many personal belongings are in the car and if you want the hassle. 

6 minutes ago, sanjx said:

Sorry to hear and hopefully it's not a pain with the insurance. The fact the family is OK is the key. 

Have you checked the phones recent locations? If it's iPhone, they keep random data about where they have been. If it was in the car when it was taken, might be able to see the route it took to it's final destination before ending up in the taxi. Maybe the taxi was involved? Also speak to the phone network to see if they have access to which "towers" picked the phone up during that time period as it may give some sort of a picture of the route and times. Use this to find some CCTV and you may have something to go on. 

All depends on how many personal belongings are in the car and if you want the hassle. 

Thanks! 

Who got CSI involved?? :lol: only joking. 

Yeah checked the locations and nothing! It only seems to work when you spend a set amount of time stationary as it logs the time data, so when she parked the car she just walked away and off to harrods so it didn't log a stop position. 

I doubt the taxi had anything to do with it as it was around 4 hours after she first found the car not to be where she left it! 

Its still not on the compound data base, so I bet it'll be in bits and used to turn a SE into a M-sport! :lol::rolleyes: 

the only thing of any value in the car was a iPad a baby seat and credit cards.

i wouldn't mind but I had just put 2 new rear tyres on it as well! :rolleyes: 

11 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

i wouldn't mind but I had just put 2 new rear tyres on it as well! :rolleyes: 

Don't forget to tell your insurers that.  It will increase your payout.

11 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Don't forget to tell your insurers that.  It will increase your payout.

Aye, the car seat will double the value of the claim... :D

Hope things get sorted quickly and you aren’t too out of pocket.  Had one stolen once, left me stranded forty miles away.  Unfortunately I got it back!

Edited by syncrofred

Christ on a bike, I've just read this... I would be obsoletely fuming, not because of the car but the fact it left your wife and kid in that situation...

Did your wife drop the phone in the cab? Just wondering how it got there..

A little late now but it might have been worth putting a message on here earlier maybe someone local could have taken them in or lent them some money.. Although with her having no phone there's no way i guess you could have told her, but it might have saved you a hotel bill..

Anyway glad to hear they're OK now, London is a scary place to be stuck in

She got out of the taxi with sleepy child and arm full of bags from harrods, the taxi drove off! And as soon as it did she realized her phone was in it! 

Dont know why she didn't shout it back down or maybe it was a couple of seconds later that she realized and it was out of sight? 

Dunno? Anyway the plot thickens, will update at some point.....

dont suppose theres someone that lives within a couple of miles of harrods on here is there? 

If so can I ask a huge favor?

What a horiffic tale. 

I work in London. Could pop out during lunch on Monday if it can wait till then and I'm able to get out ? 

What are you requiring? 

To take a look down 2 or 3 streets, as she spoke to her sister last night who knows that area like the back of her hand (been going there for the past 30 years but is in Germany visiting family....) and has roughly told her what road it was she left the car on, so after a bit of google street viewing there's 2 streets that look almost identical and one that is a maybe? 

The thing that makes us think it's still sat where she left it is not one bank card has been used or attempted to be used, also it's still not been picked up by the towing companies. 

And she parked it in a residential street and I'm just wondering if the space she's parked it in belongs to a house where the owner doesn't live/stay there and for some reason it's not been reported yet....

the latter is typical of the type of luck the wife gets....

but I think either her or her other sister will be going before Monday? If not I'll give you a shout 

thanks 

Wishing you all the best for finding it in a different street, but I sincerely doubt that the car would still be there without being removed. AFAIR, it's all residents parking with permits required and when I lived relatively locally to there about 15 years ago, I remember that the wardens were shit hot, and anything that shouldn't be there would generally be ticketed/removed within hours.

Just an idea and in the absence of someone being local, could you ring a local taxi firm and ask them to do a drive by and ask if there's a particular car parked on the street (and pay by phone)? 

53 minutes ago, amauvis said:

Wishing you all the best for finding it in a different street, but I sincerely doubt that the car would still be there without being removed. AFAIR, it's all residents parking with permits required and when I lived relatively locally to there about 15 years ago, I remember that the wardens were shit hot, and anything that shouldn't be there would generally be ticketed/removed within hours.

Yep I'm fully with you on that! 

If it's been ticketed then it's sat there with £500 worth of fines on it! 

It still hasn't been removed by the towing companies as of 40 min ago! 

I know we're clutching at straws but there's just a few indicators (to me at least) that it's still there....

2 minutes ago, sanjx said:

Just an idea and in the absence of someone being local, could you ring a local taxi firm and ask them to do a drive by and ask if there's a particular car parked on the street (and pay by phone)? 

That's a great idea! 

Just a couple of issues I can see with it

1. It's 30 min to late as she's just hired a Nissan joke to go back in and 

2. Would they actually bother going to look? "Yes mate we've looked for the past hr and can't find it" whilst gran tourismo is on pause "the bill is £150 thanks" hangs up and in-pauses GT and tries to win the London street circuit endurance race.....

so she's on her way back down, so fingers crossed....

Hopefully she finds it. Could have asked taxi firm to take pictures and send them across before payment but bit late now. Good luck!

This is such an bizarre story. Fingers crossed she finds it, keep us posted

I work in central so let me know if i can help at all

Edited by mumbojumbo

43 minutes ago, sanjx said:

Hopefully she finds it. Could have asked taxi firm to take pictures and send them across before payment but bit late now. Good luck!

Thanks 

I know what your saying and I wasn't being funny before, just haven't got much faith in people at the min :( 

10 minutes ago, mumbojumbo said:

This is such an bizarre story. Fingers crossed she finds it, keep us posted

I work in central so let me know if i can help at all

Yes it could be made into a film or a black comedy as you can't make it up! 

Thanks for your offer

will keep the thread updated.....

It's not heard if for the thieves to move the car a short distance away, leave it for a few days to see if its got a tracker in it which would mean recovery would be quick. They watch the car and if it's still there after a few days which means no tracker, they go and move it again. 

That might explan why its not been picked up by the Anpr system again. It's simply not moved again.

I know, but why not take the cards and use or sell them? 

There has been no attempt of any transactions on any card, I think there where 4? Maybe 5? One was the business account card!!!! 

And a 10 year old beaten up E91 320d I think would be worth about 50p to a car thief and just not worth the hassle of moving it then watching it and so on? 

Could be wrong? 

We should find out in the next 6hrs?