Sign in to follow this  
SuperDave

Moving away from the 1er

We've had to accept that as much fun as it was our high mile 118d is now far too small for the family so has been chopped in for a new Tiguan!

Bit of a change but there is a lot BMW could learn from the brilliant Apple/Android integration, decent stock audio and dare I say it.... more competent dealers.

I like the new Tiguan - a well packaged and good looking car.

Which engine/box and model did you get Dave?

Got the 2.0tdi 150 manual 4motion-originally thinking 2wd but changed our minds after a drive.   The 150 is a grunty little unit and we test drove at speed on the fast dual carriageways and roundabouts nr Connahs Quay power station. Not a particularly  exciting drive but satisfyingly planted even when pushed hard on corners and the high up driving position and decent rear leg room will make a nice change. Kids loved it. 

It does apply inner wheel braking to help improve cornering which might explain how it felt so tidy when using a bit of torque on some wet roundabouts.

Used carwow and ended up dealing with the same local dealer we'd test driven with. Very decent savings.

We almost bought a replacement 118d but somehow the dealer (unnamed..) claimed to have mispriced the deal after verbal commitment to a price and refused to complete the sale when i appeared to sign the paperwork! Hence looked at Golfs and ended in the Tig.

Its an SE with winter pack, rear cam/park assist, tpms and a slight alloy change to the SEL spec in dark met grey, looks brilliant. 

Edited by SuperDave

Keep us updated Dave.

We were thinking about the 1.4 tsi 150 as a possibility.

Yeah, i understand delivery times are loooong on the 1.4 whereas they have quite a few diesels, funnily enough. 

Just getting the 1er MOTd for part ex. 

Edited by SuperDave

Sad day to see off the old 1er. Not looking back though - new Tiguan is settling in well, Android auto, i need in my f10 now, just brilliant!

Overall I reckon my wife will use 10% of the available tech in the vw. Its got a bit likely MS Word really...