Any watch Fans if so let’s see them

Nice watches guys!

i have a few myself,

a 50th anniversary breitling navitimer In full stainless with white dial,

2005 Rolex Daytona, again stainless with white dial,

a breitling Bentley flying b stainless with dark blue face and leather strap, 

an audemars ROO gummy strap with forged carbon case, 

hublot Big Bang king power foudroyante in king gold and graphite dial

should have pics on an old thread someone started ages ago, will post some new ones when get home

9 hours ago, tristan said:

Nice watches guys!

i have a few myself,

a 50th anniversary breitling navitimer In full stainless with white dial,

2005 Rolex Daytona, again stainless with white dial,

a breitling Bentley flying b stainless with dark blue face and leather strap, 

an audemars ROO gummy strap with forged carbon case, 

hublot Big Bang king power foudroyante in king gold and graphite dial

should have pics on an old thread someone started ages ago, will post some new ones when get home

Love to see those beauty’s 

One Bond seamaster pro,  one chunky quartz Seiko.

Impressed with the Omega particularly, only losing a second a day on the watch winder since getting it serviced by Perpetual Time in Liverpool (definitely recommended!)  

A Breitling B-1, an Omega Baby PloProf, over half a dozen rare and complicated Seikos, a couple of very complicated Accurists, a Raymond Weil dress watch, my Dad's 1960's Citizen manual with alarm, and about a dozen other curiosities. Most are battery but half a dozen are automatic so I have a six watch winder with seven extra places and another box full.

Sold my Zenith Chronomaster a couple of years ago as it never got worn. On my third Omega which are superb all purpose watches. Seamaster Pro Planet Ocean currently on a Grey/Black Nato Strap. I usually change the strap every few months for a different look and feel.

C.

I only have an old Citizen chronograph 100m thing which saw the wrong side a 50v battery and the bezel melted a bit. The hardened glass has been replaced once and is fucked again.

Oh and i have an Apple watch we all know what they look like.

1 hour ago, Blobby said:

Oh and i have an Apple watch we all know what they look like.

I had one of those very briefly.  Sold it within a week.  I just can't be arsed with something I need to charge every day.  Plus, I don't need that level of information / comms / annoyance on my wrist.

3 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

I had one of those very briefly.  Sold it within a week.  I just can't be arsed with something I need to charge every day.  Plus, I don't need that level of information / comms / annoyance on my wrist.

Amen to that! And all the plethora of "Fit Bit" type watches!

I got fed up with replacing the battery on my Accurist watch every 18 months so certainly don't want a watch I need to charge up!

When I went into the jewellers I bought it from the second time the Accurist went flat, it was middle of November, the fat and aggressive woman behind the counter basically told me to bu$$er off till after Christmas as they were too busy to replace the battery in it.

So I've never been back to any branch of Chisholm Hunters since and my Accurist hasn't ticked in over 16 years.

6 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

So I've never been back to any branch of Chisholm Hunters since and my Accurist hasn't ticked in over 16 years.

Chisholm Hunter sold Accurist watches?

I've had a few Accurist watches - I still have 2, although they are pretty much retired now - I keep them because they were presents from family.  I've always found them pretty robust.  18 months is good for some watches.  Some Boss Orange watches seem to need the batteries replaced annually - and they are £18 a pop!

Yup.

The watch cost £75 back in 1999 (Christmas present from my folks) and they wanted £25 a time for a battery. Three batteries and I've bought the watch again, nah I'll pass thanks.

9 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

The watch cost £75 back in 1999 (Christmas present from my folks) and they wanted £25 a time for a battery. Three batteries and I've bought the watch again, nah I'll pass thanks.

I like my watches, and have taken the time to learn a bit about how they work, get some tools etc - so I change my own batteries now, and can do some other basic maintenance.  Decent branded batteries can be bought easily for a few quid.  I stick to Renata, Maxell and Duracell mostly.

My older Accurist dates from 1991.  It's a chronograph, and has possibly the most complicated method for setting it I have ever seen.  It has no less than 5 buttons on it.  Daft really, for a chrono with a date.

776D790A-DC09-4F69-BE4D-A07A19BBE129.jpeg

Edited by Calypso-E34

I have a 1967 Datejust, a Constellation, and a couple of cheap auto's.

The best and most accurate one I have cost me £16 from Argos about 20 years ago, Sekona iirc.

1 minute ago, sshooie said:

I have a 1967 Datejust, a Constellation, and a couple of cheap auto's.

The best and most accurate one I have cost me £16 from Argos about 20 years ago, Sekona iirc.

Absolutely - Sekondas are fine!  I swear by Seiko - never go wrong, don't need much maintenance, and look good.  That Accurist in the pic above is now 26 years old.  It is as accurate as the day I got it, and it has never had anything other than a change of battery.  It led a hard life too, as it was my only watch for many years.  Try THAT with a Rolex!!

My Rolex 16800 Sub was £796 new in 1985 its had a service and rebuild in 2008 at Rolex cost £650 I wear it quite a lot, time keeping is bang on and its now worth £5500 not that I would sell it.

5 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Absolutely - Sekondas are fine!  I swear by Seiko - never go wrong, don't need much maintenance, and look good.  That Accurist in the pic above is now 26 years old.  It is as accurate as the day I got it, and it has never had anything other than a change of battery.  It led a hard life too, as it was my only watch for many years.  Try THAT with a Rolex!!

I've bought my son a couple of Seikos over the past few years, I like the Seiko range very well respected.

Seiko Watches £ for £ are fantastic value for money keep great time and bullet proof. This is a modified one of mine

IMG_1379.thumb.JPG.e04af8a7700bf90eaf971e91187b12c6.JPG