stchris356

Bluetooth

Hi peeps!

When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge to my F11 I lose all audio from the phone and If I want to watch a video on the phone I have no audio from either the car or phone except phone call audio which works as normal.

Is there a setting either on the car or phone that allows me to hear audio on either without having to unpair the phone?

Thank in advance.

Chris.

May depend on the year of your car and the combobox which takes care of that stuff, however the bigger issue is BMWs shocking lack of decent Android support in the main. Have you tried an iphone, i have one just to be able to use Spotify in mine :angry:

10 hours ago, stchris356 said:

Hi peeps!

When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge to my F11 I lose all audio from the phone and If I want to watch a video on the phone I have no audio from either the car or phone except phone call audio which works as normal.

Is there a setting either on the car or phone that allows me to hear audio on either without having to unpair the phone?

Thank in advance.

Chris.

On a more serious note, have you popped your VIN in here to see to see whether there is a multimedia software update available for your car? If there is it is easily updated by copying their downloaded file to a newly formatted USB stick and popping that in the USB port in the glovebox (or the centre console) can't remember which now.

www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/ownership/mobile-devices/update.html

9 hours ago, SuperDave said:

May depend on the year of your car and the combobox which takes care of that stuff, however the bigger issue is BMWs shocking lack of decent Android support in the main. Have you tried an iphone, i have one just to be able to use Spotify in mine :angry:

I finally upgraded my old iPhone 5S and got an iPhone 8, which I am delighted with. There were two reasons I went Apple again: 1) the F11 interacts really nicely with my phone. 2) So does my Mavic drone, whereas the Android software is known to crash a lot mid flight!

If car support is important to the OP,  I would definitely suggest thinking Apple at the next contract upgrade.