bmwmike

F10 door corrosion

Despite a few setbacks with aircon and EGR im in a similar situation, although i find handling and ride fine on 18" non funflats. Most capable car ive ever owned from a tech and performance perspective. If Spotify worked properly with Andoid it would almost all be forgiven! 

And its the longest ive ever kept a 5, which probably says something. 

Edited by SuperDave

On 6/9/2018 at 8:49 PM, SuperDave said:

Despite a few setbacks with aircon and EGR im in a similar situation, although i find handling and ride fine on 18" non funflats. Most capable car ive ever owned from a tech and performance perspective. If Spotify worked properly with Andoid it would almost all be forgiven! 

And its the longest ive ever kept a 5, which probably says something. 

I can’t fault the car. Had it nearly 6 years now and has been virtually faultless. 

Its had the coolant leak with the EGR cooler just after the warrenty expired which seems to be another known BMW defect they tried to deny. 

Other than that and now the corrosion on all 4 doors it’s needed very little service or repair work. 

Well it looks like BMW got it almost right with the F10/11, shame about the corrosion issues, hope they're in the minority and everyone gets the results they were after. As a reminder, on page one of this thread there's a copy of the technical data sheet (can't remember exact term) used to instruct dealers on this particular fault, meaning they've seen this so many times they've published guidance on the repair. I emailed a copy to the service manager at Soper BMW Lincoln and it was after this that they agreed the repair. Good luck

Having a complete nightmare getting mine sorted, currently on all 4 doors but rybrook won't touch it because sytner did body work on the front end which involved blowing into the doors...sytner won't touch it because rybrook did work on the rear quarter which involved blowing into the doors!

That bulliten says removed doors, what the devil? Getting mine looked at next week, I hate the idea of the whole door being painted, it always means imperfections. Hopefully a small local repair will work.

20 minutes ago, apples12 said:

Having a complete nightmare getting mine sorted, currently on all 4 doors but rybrook won't touch it because sytner did body work on the front end which involved blowing into the doors...sytner won't touch it because rybrook did work on the rear quarter which involved blowing into the doors!

Take it to Sytner, assuming the body repairs are BMW approved it should be no problem.

Failing that speak to BMW UK and explain and ask them to intervene and speak to Rybrook

56 minutes ago, sshooie said:

I personally wouldn't have it done, my car was silver and it would have been a ball ache imo and my eye would have been drawn to it every time.

Was ? Did you have it resprayed or no longer have it?

I didn't have it done despite an "approval" (patronising feckers - they are obliged).

This is madness really. I cannot believe people are having so many issues getting these resolved. BMW really must be looking for any reason to reject, even though they have issued a major document on the procedure to repair. Very sad.