d_a_n1979

What are you currently drinking...?

24 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Nice! 

But whats tjaynon? Sounds exotic....

;) 

Meh... Fat finger syndrome (had already edited it) but you replied to damned quickly :P

nothing at the moment but have for this evening, and beyond, Ruddles County, some Old Speckled Hen (12 for £8 reduced in Tesco as the cardboard box was ripped!), and a small selection from the local Wychwood brewery.

I'm a rum man, and currently have 4 on the go:

Ron Zacapa - my go-to premium sipping rum. Price varies ridiculously though - i usually buy at the Denmark airport on a business trip when on offer. Usually pay 300 DKK (£35) for a litre - then see it at Heathrow for £70 for a bottle!!

Ron Centenario 20 - found this in a posh off-licence in France. A fabulous tasting rum (shop gave me a few samples) - really mellow, buttery and slightly sweet. Uber-smooth. Also the most i've ever spent on booze - paid 70 EUR!

IMG_0258.jpg

Ron Cartavio XO - this was a gift from my Danish colleagues. Hands down, the finest rum i've ever had. Never seen it before but this one is just exceptional.

IMG_0334.jpg

and um.... my UK colleagues bought me some Morgan Spiced for my birthday. One for cocktails for the wife

Edited by gbshahaq

4 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

You know it's a school night, don't you dan? 

;) 

I'm done for the year now flower ;)

Works on its arse due to Christmas and I'm done training (well; I'll still do some stone stuff tomorrow and a few days next week). But this is my 2-3 week break from it all that I have every year

So it's time to catch up on drinking real ales and hammering a few bottles of decent single malts and bourbons :mrgreen:

I can feel me skipping pissed and going straight to hangover as I type this :lol: 

What's a day off? :shock: 

with doing what we do you need to hit the right mix of being drunk whilst still being able to function....

everyday is like a friday/Saturday for me.....

15 minutes ago, Piper said:

Coors Light on draught.

Cannot be beaten.

Yes it can! 

If your in a Mr spoons try any other lager on draught as it's much better apart from carlsberg....

try Effs (if you are in a wetherspoons obviously!) 

im back on my continental beer ;) 

I was supping Stewart Brewing's 'Fezziwig' yesterday here in Edinburgh, very good indeed! 

It's an Edinburgh brewery, so why not ;)

I've recently discovered this;   

leffe-blonde-330-ml-66.jpg

However, I may have sampled a few too many bottles of it on the weekend and still have a headache......

........It's bloody strong stuff!

Edited by NWJW

^^^^ yep it is strong, that's the better out the 2 blonde and blonk but IMO there both awful....

i seen a cherry flavored one last year (I think?) 

ever had DUVVEL? That's another super strong continental beer and it's not that bad either...