waveydave

M5 CTG number plate price drop

M5 CTG
Ideal plate for a BMW 5 series, M5 or M Sport
Fabulous Christmas present
Currently on retention (V778) ready to assign to the purchasers vehicle
Once I have received cleared funds I will sign and date the V778 and post
to the purchaser via Royal Mail Special Delivery by 1pm. 
It will then be the purchasers responsibility to assign the number to their vehicle
which can easily be done online
The £80 DVLA retention fee has been included in the asking price
Cash on collection welcome
This price does not include the actual number plates
£1650 Now £750 OVNO
Edited by waveydave
price drop

47 minutes ago, cableguy said:

They haven't missed a trick, it's the going rate. Lots of M3 *** plates are the same at £250. ;)

C.

Yes, same price for all the M cars from what I researched this morning.

I'd still say that DVLA have missed an opportunity to ramp up prices on something that does relate to a vehicle, particularly the model of a car.

Some years go I missed out on 'DC10 FLY' which was a few thousand pounds (DC10 being an aircraft, FLY, well that's what it does obviously). I settled for 'MD11 FLY' at £395 (The MD11 was the successor to the DC10). Again, I thought that DVLA were not aware of the significance of that combination.   

Most 'BMW' plates are £599 and above on their site at the moment and run into four figures.

On 11/24/2017 at 12:26 PM, Loadmaster said:

Yes, same price for all the M cars from what I researched this morning.

I'd still say that DVLA have missed an opportunity to ramp up prices on something that does relate to a vehicle, particularly the model of a car.

Some years go I missed out on 'DC10 FLY' which was a few thousand pounds (DC10 being an aircraft, FLY, well that's what it does obviously). I settled for 'MD11 FLY' at £395 (The MD11 was the successor to the DC10). Again, I thought that DVLA were not aware of the significance of that combination.   

Most 'BMW' plates are £599 and above on their site at the moment and run into four figures.

I do think the DVLA do recognize the value but they know it's a limited market and perhaps can't be bothered?... when I wanted to transfer my registration to my current car I asked them to remove the existing registration and to not bother transferring it or putting it on retention.

That registration was M5 TNH -and they actually contacted me directly highlighting that it was a "Cherished" number and could I confirm in writing via white mail that I no longer had any interest or desire to retain that registration.

My E36 M3 came with an M3 plate, PO wanted a chunk of cash for it - i said i'll deduct the transfer fee from the sale price and put it on retention for you - I had no interested in it and i think he was a bit miffed!