M5 Russ

Intraveee to KCA lead faulty ?

I have Been periodically losing the Intravee connection and now it is completely missing - no charging of the iPod or anything.

Am I right in thinking it’s the main connecting lead between the 2 units that’s most likely faulty and if so where can I get a replacement ?

Edited by M5 Russ

The most likely cause is the KCA-420i to iPod cable.  however, if you have another iPod it's worth trying it as the dock connector on them sometimes fails.

If you need a cable I do have a few, but try another iPod if possible first.

On 15/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, RichardP said:

The most likely cause is the KCA-420i to iPod cable.  however, if you have another iPod it's worth trying it as the dock connector on them sometimes fails.

If you need a cable I do have a few, but try another iPod if possible first.

Hi Richard

I am unable to locate another iPod so can I send you my set up for you to check ? I think there is an update available for mine anyway ?

I am of course happy to pay you plus i will cover return postage. Please pm your details mate.

Have you still got your M5 btw ?

EDIT - read your sig lol

Edited by M5 Russ

On 11/16/2017 at 8:42 AM, RichardP said:

I have a similar problem or at least similar symptoms. Occasionally it would just say No iPod, and now nothing. I have a spare KCA-420i so I tried it, no change.

ive tried a few different iPods , same issue. The iPod is always being charged though. It slowly started to happen over a few months, and briefly it started working again for about 30 seconds. Is my intravee dead or dying?

any ideas would be appreciated.

If the Intravee is detecting the KCA-420i then the issue is more likely to be with the KCA-420i/iPod cable /iPod than the Intravee.  But if you have tried different KCA-420i's, cables's and iPod's then that's rather strange!  I assume you did try a different KCA-420i to iPod cable?