amazighman

Coolant and radiator hoses

Hello everybody.

I am going to tackle the leaking radiator hoses so i have ordered some replacement ones.

Is it enough to drain just the radiator plug or i have to drain the block as well?

Is Eurocarparts red coolant suitable for BMW E39 ?

Another little thing, when i was doing some work i removed the air filter housing but i lost one of the little bolts 8mm that hold MAF to the air filter housing, does anyone know any part numbers?

Cheers guys

8 hours ago, amazighman said:

Hello everybody.

I am going to tackle the leaking radiator hoses so i have ordered some replacement ones.

Is it enough to drain just the radiator plug or i have to drain the block as well?

Is Eurocarparts red coolant suitable for BMW E39 ?

Another little thing, when i was doing some work i removed the air filter housing but i lost one of the little bolts 8mm that hold MAF to the air filter housing, does anyone know any part numbers?

Cheers guys

Would help to know which E39 you have; you can add it to your profile so that it appears

<<< Here

Personally I'd get the airbox out of the way and then have an old carton / milk carton with a large hole cut into the side and just simply undo the hose and tip it into there, shouldn't spill much at all!

If you don't lose much, just top up with water, it'll be fine. But OAT coolant will be needed if you lose a fair whack