535i Andrew

This must be a truckers worst nightmare

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-41964366/dashcam-captures-truck-s-near-miss-with-child-in-norway

To give the guy credit, he hit the brakes hard and avoided the child.  

Bet the poor bloke was well shaken up.

Phew!

Hell fire :shock:

My brothers had some near misses; same situation, people climbing out of a bus and crossing the road behind the damned thing :roll::x 

Everyone played a part in this to avoid an accident:

1) The cam vehicle hooted to warn the approaching trucker and the stupid kids running across the road

2) The approaching trucker for his quick thinking and acting

3) The kid for changing his direction away from the truck during his run, and the other kid for stopping in the middle of the road

Well Done!

Edited by DerekJr.

Fortunately the trucker was operating the vehicle. Just imagine the scenario if he had been boiling up a pot noodle with his feet on the steering wheel whilst watching videos on his dashboard mounted Laptop or reading a book!

I say that having watched a recent YouTube video from police footage on the very subject of what some lorry drivers do whilst at the wheel, bloody scary! And a good reason to kep well away from them.

18 hours ago, Alexak said:

Fortunately the trucker was operating the vehicle. Just imagine the scenario if he had been boiling up a pot noodle with his feet on the steering wheel whilst watching videos on his dashboard mounted Laptop or reading a book!

I say that having watched a recent YouTube video from police footage on the very subject of what some lorry drivers do whilst at the wheel, bloody scary! And a good reason to kep well away from them.

Fortunately, it's only a dedicated few dickhead lorry drivers that do this and it wouldn't be a shame if they met with a static concrete block

However, not all lorry drivers are like this and they have a harder time due to cockwomble car drivers more than anything else!

Edited by d_a_n1979

Yes I was impressed by the trucks brakes, no sign of a locked up wheel on the tractor unit, can't decide if the trailer locked up as there might be evidence of a skid mark on the road just behind the trailer.

That was damn close, unfortunately the young have little or no sense of their own mortality, or road awareness, the same accident happened outside my parents house, with a kid crossing the road in front of a bus to be knocked down by a car overtaking, thankfully, it wasn't a fatal accident.

Bring back the Green Cross Code adverts again.

1 hour ago, vanhool said:

Bring back the Green Cross Code adverts again.

What and have people take responsibilities for their own actions.  Don't be silly there must be someone else to blame.  Aye right!