Captain Beaky

NEC Classic Show -Fabulous 528i E28

Spent the day at the NEC and took the boys and wife for the first time, brilliant day out topped off with a 10 mile spin in a 680 BHP GTR, bugger me what a tool !!!

Any way the best BMW at the show was this E28 528i despite all the others on the BMW club stand and in the auctions

IMG_2941.thumb.JPG.69083dceeca04c4460d48ce9385098f9.JPG

IMG_2943.thumb.JPG.216f6597a267acc422abd629b4905e82.JPG

IMG_2948.thumb.JPG.9b157b84c95934b93e12ce1c9fd3af63.JPG

The car I would most want to take home, I don't remember when last seen one on the road.

IMG_2980.thumb.JPG.e9647717c2bc63efde5fef232c7073ae.JPG

BMW's at the club stand, a likely pair

IMG_2995.thumb.JPG.eab98cd3ea5b09f15000836e71f8b393.JPG

This is what £37K looks like  wow!

IMG_2976.thumb.JPG.8f4aedfff5f11a84a7d5311c6612b344.JPG

And this is what happens when you take the wife 

She absolutely fell in love with this little Fiat 600 Multipla and now wants one,  yeh! sure

IMG_2895.thumb.JPG.944027611d872a3e5571d84568df97c4.JPG

Edited by Captain Beaky

The 528i was lovely but I thought the stripes were wrong? Didn't think that was £37k of 635i either. 

Was the bmw stand missing an f10 m5?

Great at show though 

9 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

The 528i was lovely but I thought the stripes were wrong? Didn't think that was £37k of 635i either. 

Was the bmw stand missing an f10 m5?

Great at show though 

There's an interesting story with the 528i it was a special order father and son bought an identical pair as you see that one now, both red both 528i autos with as much of the factory extras that were possible at the time of purchase in 84

The paint is original except one repair, the stripes are questionable? I'm not saying they are not meant to be there but i've owned an E28 with the same decals and as Dunc says these look a little thick but they also looked newish. Possible replacement but not exactly the same.

The Chap I was talking to was from Ireland and has an E12 and E28 he is looking for some spares, so i've pointed him towards the forum because he won't find a better collective on the older 5's in my opinion.   

No missing F10 Dunc there was a full house of M5 machines but I was only interested in the best  two 5's :D 

However I did have a good deal from a club stand!! Polo shirts 2 for 1 to get rid of them, Bargain.

Agree with the E24 way over, but so were two E30 convertibles at 14k and 17k respectively, but there was also an M6 E24 in the Silverstone auction and that was fetching big bucks 

I'm pretty sure there was no F10 M5 on the stand.  I spoke to Steve Haslam who was organising it and they said there was not much point as it was relatively new (but not current) and quite common.  There was the M535i E12, E28, E34, E38 and E60 M5's plus the new as yet unavailable M5 that no one I know of has driven.

The new M5 is the F90, it has it's own model designation so it's not a G30, god knows why.

Thanks Richard - i didn't think it was the outgoing model as i see one in my road on occasion but in white and as i say i'm not clued up enough to tell the difference from a cursory glance - the e28 took my gaze!

5 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

They may well be original. Just felt a bit thick too me and not the usual twin pin stripe. It's not a uk car so who knows. 

Hmm not sure. I have these stripes on one of my cars but they are a bit more subtle - black on grey. I think they look a bit bold on the red but it never leapt out at me when I saw it. Just about to get another silver set this week from main dealers as I really like them. They're quite uncommon. 

Didnt go to NEC this year - lady year I don't think there even was an E28 there ? Typical I missed this beauty and the others on the stand. They all look stunning. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Rusting wings and rear arches.  A five footer!

IMG_2976.thumb.JPG.8f4aedfff5f11a84a7d5311c6612b344.JPG

"Five footer" as in it will only drive five feet until you find work to do?

Edited by RichardP

I didn't think it was that bad from a quick glance so unless Andy knows it i think he maybe being flippant!

Wasn't keen on white with cream interior and certainly didn't feel £37k!

in a public car park i know there is a 635csi in white with black leather ..same wheels etc ..it has lay there for easy 8mths now and hasnt been lifted .. apparently there is a tragic story with the owner not returning.... based on that being worth 37k i bet its worth good money as it is very clean !! Not 37K clean but its a lovely car