Misterbish

Your Thoughts On ECU Map Repository

Just want to know your thoughts on this.

i'm a Ducati nut and on a Ducati owners forum they have a repository for standard and performance ecu map's free for all to share, how would that go down on this site, i have a couple of tried and tested ecu maps that i would be willing to contribute if it would help anyone on here.

I currently have the following:

2006 E60 530D

Standard Map

Stage1 with EGR Delete

Stage 1 with EGR and DPF Delete

2007 E90 320D Msport

Standard Map

Stage 1 with EGR Delete

Edited by Misterbish

well, I'd be interested in the 530d stage 1 egr delete

I'm at work at the moment and the ecu map's are on my home pc, i will attach them later on this afternoon for you Dotcom

Do do remapping as a part time hobby i would be happy to do dpf deletes and egr deletes

No i paid for all my maps, when you say DPF and EGR deletes do you physically take them out of the map profile or do you just edit out the error codes so they wont trigger any check engine light

There's a lot of different software versions for the 520D (I assume you're talking about the 163BHP engine) though. Do you have access to them all?

Is the 320D and 520D the same?, as above i paid for these maps i dont have access to any other's

For example 320D - these are ones that read and write OBD. This is not counting software upgrades or hardware differences. 

Thats by no means all. Just what I have at home not at work. 

55 minutes ago, Misterbish said:

I'm at work at the moment and the ecu map's are on my home pc, i will attach them later on this afternoon for you Dotcom

No i paid for all my maps, when you say DPF and EGR deletes do you physically take them out of the map profile or do you just edit out the error codes so they wont trigger any check engine light

Is the 320D and 520D the same?, as above i paid for these maps i dont have access to any other's

I do both one to remove the dtc codes and then also physically remove the map

MPPS explains it. Kess and CMD pull the full 2MB read out. It would just be worth making people aware that if this thread is OK with the forum mods, that you MUST put what tool read and wrote the ECU down with your files. If I stuck that in with a Kess clone (although in all fairness it probably would realise something was wrong and not continue to write - I use genuine Kess and Ktag for work but I do realise people won't be forking out thousands for these) and it went ahead and did it, it would turn the car into a paperweight until the ECU was recovered.  

Out of curiosity, were you told that file would make 270BHP for the 530D?

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

I suspect you don't have that right. I would think it's like bootlegging music or software. When I design buildings copyright remains with me. I grant licence to implement the design in a specific context I don't allow it to be replicated on other sites. 

Think about it you paid for the map and then hand it out for free that's x number of customers the original mapper has lost. 

If its it's your own map you wrote then that's fine though probably poor business sense!

My point is similar to Duncan's. 

As a forum we don't condone the copying and distribution of licensed products similar to "dodgy" copies of BMW sat-nav discs.   Unless you can prove licensing of this distribution, we cannot allow it to be shared publicly on the forum. 

to be fair unless stated in a contract which you must sign then the map would either fall under fair use or potentially copyrighted bmw but i dont see them chasing you down