DennisCooper

Alpina B12 6.0 - E38/2001/42K miles/£(un)Realistic?

Hi,

A very rare Alpina indeed! Lovely looking car for sure, but what's everyone's opinion on the asking price?! 

It's also Category D recorded!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Alpina-B12-6-0-E-kat-E38-number-66/253233571828?hash=item3af5e5a7f4:g:Cp8AAOSwai1Z5drx

Cheers, Dennis!

There was a fairly well read thread on the Alpina forum iirc about this car when it was written off by the insurance company and the hell the owner went through.

Yes it is absolutely stupid money imho

Hi Inikboo,

I agree! A deluded seller along with many others who have potentially interesting cars but are missing important aspects/features/parts and/or are Category recorded or where the seller can't spell/create proper sentences !

An E34 B10 (not the highly sought after Bi-Turbo) is also on Ebay but it's got the Hartge Classic 19's on it ! The seller can't even spell 'Hartge' properly despite the logo being in front of his face on the centre caps! ..  up at £17K!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-BMW-ALPINA-B10-BMW-3-5-B10-ALPINA-4D-AUTO/232503841293?hash=item36224f120d:g:I7EAAOSwSrNZ-2Js

For some weird reason, I've recently developed an itch for another Alpina, so been looking at what's around, most likely won't actually purchase though - have my mind on a few other's when the time's right!

Cheers, Dennis!

Arsehole seller with a shite advert for a Cat D car and asking £100k...

Arsehole, as stated above :roll:

At that price, it'd need to be concourse, never mind not a Cat D! 

its a ludicrous asking price, the car looks to be in lovely condition but I am 100% certain he will not find a buyer at that price.

Edited by paperjams

The pictures of the significant damage are on the alpinaregister thread; front wheel strut tower damage, front suspension hugely out of line, entire nearside damage including a crease across the 'c' pillar. I believe Roofer knew the original owner.