6AA Bmw Teleservices Bmw Teleservices
6AB Control Teleservices Steuerung Teleservices
6FL Usb/audio Interface Usbaudioschnittstelle
6VC Control Combox Steuerung Combox
609 Navigation System Professional Navigationssystem Professional
612 Bmw Assist Bmw Assist
615 Extended Bmw Online Information Erweiterte Bmw Online Information
616 Bmw Online Bmw Online

I have been trying to get the connected drive app to work on my iphone but it never really seems to do anything or give me any options.

MY car is an 11 plate 525d msport and im just wondering if anyone else has had any luck getting this working?? even if its for things like fuel left etc

I have registered my car with BMW themselves so it shows the car and VIN in the app, but it just does nothing.. I suspect I need a subscription but cant find a clear answer on this..

Any help much appreciated

It's... limited. I've got a '63 plate F10 (LCI) so slightly different hardware and options, but the app only updates things like Fuel Left when plugged into the media unit via USB. It has never updated over the Internet.

I can lock / unlock doors and start the climate control, that works fine and is occasionally useful. Otherwise, the main reason I use it and the big benefit in my setup, is sending destinations to the cars Sat Nav. I use this a lot, as it's easier than typing or speaking addresses into it directly.

Hi Rob,

Thats basically all im after (the options you have) 

Do you have a subscription to anything?? 

I dont have subscription for anything so need to know if i get that when i pay??

I'd post the ridiculously lengthy email conversation I've had with BMW about how its doesn't work that well with Android - to the extent ive bought an iPhone se now to use solely for Spotify in the car! What a joke. 

Check you have the latest Bluetooth update loaded from the connecteddrive downloads area, the iPhone integration is pretty solid now i think. Pity about Android. 

If youve setup your account with connecteddrive correctly you should get full details of your car via the web, these then extend to the App. The blue connected drive logo is the latest one, apparently they couldn't make this any clearer in the App store. 

It is limited to the point of not being fit for purpose and I would love to see a class action suit 

Mine works maybe 1% of the time and that is being generous

No BMW, the car is not in a poor signal area either which is always the stock excuses!

Added to that the appalling performance of a GPRS sim and its really a recipe for endless frustration

It the crappiest most dysfunctional tool I have ever had the misfortune to stupidly buy!

Edited by Alexak

16 hours ago, Greenninja said:

Hi Rob,

Thats basically all im after (the options you have) 

Do you have a subscription to anything?? 

I dont have subscription for anything so need to know if i get that when i pay??

On our earlier cars you need a Connected Drive paid for subscription for any of the features to work. All you have done with BMW is proven the car is yours and they have enabled the VIN within Connected Drive. 

On later cars, after the first 3 years of activation, you lose RTTI, Concierge Services and BMW Online. I think the Doors locking, locate my car and flash the headlights functions continue to work - I'll wait and see as our other car's subscription expires tomorrow.

Edited by Matthew Ashton

You need a paid subscription with Connected Drive Services which is free for the first three years. 

After that you loose many of the services. 

I get the following:

Lock 

unlock

flash lights

locate car

ventilate car

*fuel level

*range

*millage

*service info

*doors and window status

*Control Messages

* these only work for cars 2016+ with EVO iDrive as far as I know

Thanks for chipping in here guys, I suspected i needed a subscritpion but oddly have RTTI and have never subscribed to it!!! but it always notifies me of issues on my many journeys over to essex so must be working somehow (im just not sure how)

I think I may sign up for 6 months and see what I get from it, I wouldnt mind the ability to see fuel range and send to maps at very least, all the others would be a real bonus too but i guess will come down to age of car (although i suspect it could be made to work somehow with coding)

Has anyone done the retrofit of BMW apps on here?? I know you need the FSC code but has anyone done it on an older F10??

51 minutes ago, Greenninja said:

Thanks for chipping in here guys, I suspected i needed a subscritpion but oddly have RTTI and have never subscribed to it!!! but it always notifies me of issues on my many journeys over to essex so must be working somehow (im just not sure how)

I think I may sign up for 6 months and see what I get from it, I wouldnt mind the ability to see fuel range and send to maps at very least, all the others would be a real bonus too but i guess will come down to age of car (although i suspect it could be made to work somehow with coding)

Has anyone done the retrofit of BMW apps on here?? I know you need the FSC code but has anyone done it on an older F10??

You won't get fuel range via connected drive as that was not a feature of the CIC head unit.

As for the BMW Apps retrofit you need a 9C BMW Apps FSC Code which will cost you around $300. I looked at this back in 2016 but it would be a total waste for me. My wife's car has BMW Apps and we never use any of the features.

I Remeber you saying that you didnt use it, and to be fair when I had a 4 series coupe for a week whilst my car was in for a recall I didnt use any of them other than the sports dials and even they were nothing more than a gimmik... 

That said im a mug for toys even if i dont use them, if i know they are there and can be had I want them!!   its a man thing!!

I have an 09 plate F07 and went through this. You do need a subscription, as mentioned. You probably need the car to send its data to BMW and there are, IIRC, 3 services where there is an option where this has to be initiated. The location of these varies according to the year as far as know. At the website there are contact details for ConnecteDrive, and they are quite helpful. In my case they couldn't resolve the fact that no data transfer option appeared, so referred to Germany, and came back with a clear but flawed set of steps, as my menus were different, but I spotted new menu options in other places and in the end did get it working. It took 6 weeks of persistence, but they did agree to extend the next subscription to compensate

8 hours ago, Greenninja said:

Hi Chris,

I will be getting a subscription set up soon, in the mean time i dont suppose you can remeber what the instructions were from our friends in Germany??

PM sent