adamhearn

Insurance costs rising

Got an email form my current provider about a rise in insurance tax.. thought I'd check on confused.com what the prices may be on renewal and scrolled through the list to the end...

The highest was 10 times the cost of the lowest and the average looks to be somewhere around the £800 mark. That's pretty expensive given my E39 isn't worth much.

insurance.JPG

Given the age of these cars, have you looked at Classic Car insurance? My '99 E38 was £245 this year for 5k miles pa, with Richard Hoskins

Lol - not even close!

My current insurer is Direct Line and last year it went up a lot but I've not seen their renewal price as yet. Will call them later to see if it's decent. 

Chriss Knott would be my first port of call. I've recently joined them and they most certainly understand the market better than these algorythms (however you spell it lol)

Got the renewal for £320 discounted from the initial quote of £396 (having presented the lowest matching price from confused.com).

2 years ago it was approx £280 and last year was £350 (that I just paid without comparing due to circumstances).

£250 for me at last renewal, fully comp. And that's with NO NCB as I use that allowance on another vehicle in the family. Surrey address, aged the wrong side of 50!

That's with Admiral.