caveman

Running Alpine Imprint Manager SW on Windows 10

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got the Alpine PXA-H100 and are they using it with the intravee?  Have you been able to run the imprint manager SW on a modern laptop and if so what is the secret?

I've tried compatability modes but nothing seems to work.  I keep getting a Xenocode virtual appliance runtime error 0000135.

I've also been unable to use the DSP menu that appears when you include the PXA-H100 in the intravee connection.  I've used the PXA guide but it seems to be telling me stuff that cannot be done, at least on my set-up.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

David

I've not tried the Imprint software on Windows 10, but to be honest I'd not bother with the PXA-H100.  If you use Imprint then you can't change any of the settings, you can just change bass and tone.  Given that the settings used when you run Imprint are pretty dire, it's just not worth it.  What they should have done is allow you to use the automatic settings as the baseline for your own and allowed adjustment.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for coming back to me.  Just being able to adjust over five settings rather than bass and tone has helped quite a lot.  I'd like to include speaker distance settings and the imprint manager is good for that.  It also has some reset profiles which are quite good - if you can access them.  I've bought it now so I am not looking to bin it!

Regards,

David

I found the Imprint manager particularly bad at setting speaker distances, the sound stage was no where near where I wanted it.  I just used a tape measure and entered the distances, it took 10 minutes or so.

I#m not sure what the 'reset profiles' you are referring to are.

If you really want to run the Imprint program, maybe running in a virtual machine running Windows 7 would be the best way on a Windows 10 PC, that way it would be immune to any updates to Windows 10 that might break it even f you did manage to get it working.

Thanks Richard,

I was thinking that I might try the tape measure route.

Sorry - "reset" should have read "preset".  :-)

So you have used it; just not the pre-set imprints?

Thanks,

David

I ran to program to create a profile for the car/installation.  AFAIK you can save two different profile in Imprint 1 and Imprint 2, but when using Imprint yo can't use the presets.  However, as it was so far out from what I wanted, I did not experiment too much with it.

No, great idea, shit implementation.  As is the way with several Alpine things (the KCA-620m is another classic example).

The equivalent of Imprint on my Denon AV receiver (same company, Audyssey) and I used the same microphone, worked very well indeed and gives the option to tweak it.  It's exactly how the Alpine implementation should have been.