woodwa5

530e ordered. Dare I ask how long before delivery?

Hi all,

New to the forum. I placed an order via Ogilvie for a 530e Msport in Mid-August...delivery date was originally January but this has been pushed back to March (on speaking to leasing company they don’t despatch new cars in February or August to protect their registrations and residual values!)

Not happy at all! Was in dealer today getting current F10 520d serviced  and they told me lead time currently is 18 weeks, not the 28 weeks I am going to have to wait.

11 hours ago, Northernmonkey said:

Hi all,

New to the forum. I placed an order via Ogilvie for a 530e Msport in Mid-August...delivery date was originally January but this has been pushed back to March (on speaking to leasing company they don’t despatch new cars in February or August to protect their registrations and residual values!)

Not happy at all! Was in dealer today getting current F10 520d serviced  and they told me lead time currently is 18 weeks, not the 28 weeks I am going to have to wait.

Exactly the same thing happened to me - same order time, same ETA, then pushed back to March, but then I was told they couldn’t guarantee me when I’d see the car because of a worldwide production issue, so I gave up and ordered a 520d instead.

Funny though, there were people ordering around the same time (on Bimmerfest) and getting their cars in 12 weeks or so!

The leasing companies will always be de-prioritised in favour of direct orders, so you’ll go to the back of the queue if they’re busy at the factory.

As for the not dispatching the cars in feb or August, that’s an absolute joke. You’re paying your monthly allowance / up front payment, so that’s their problem not yours. I’d tell them where to stick their order if you hasn’t waited so long already! Sure it’ll be all worth it when you get in the car though...can’t wait to get mine.

11 hours ago, Back2Beemer said:

Exactly the same thing happened to me - same order time, same ETA, then pushed back to March, but then I was told they couldn’t guarantee me when I’d see the car because of a worldwide production issue, so I gave up and ordered a 520d instead.

Funny though, there were people ordering around the same time (on Bimmerfest) and getting their cars in 12 weeks or so!

The leasing companies will always be de-prioritised in favour of direct orders, so you’ll go to the back of the queue if they’re busy at the factory.

As for the not dispatching the cars in feb or August, that’s an absolute joke. You’re paying your monthly allowance / up front payment, so that’s their problem not yours. I’d tell them where to stick their order if you hasn’t waited so long already! Sure it’ll be all worth it when you get in the car though...can’t wait to get mine.

Will be ringing the lease company again on Monday....will see what happens. The BIK saving is too big for me to ignore so going to have to wait for the car to arrive

On 10/01/2018 at 8:37 PM, Clembo said:

G30 ordered mid August and have just been mailed to say it will be delivered this coming Monday. So around 5 months (with options). So not to shabby in comparison to an A3 Black edition that once took 8 months for delivery. 

I had the same wait for my A3 black edition around 8 year ago now

On 13/01/2018 at 10:31 PM, Northernmonkey said:

Will be ringing the lease company again on Monday....will see what happens. The BIK saving is too big for me to ignore so going to have to wait for the car to arrive

Update today! Got email from the leasing company with some good news...car arrives on the country next week and will be delivered on Friday 2nd February. 2 weeks and counting 

54 minutes ago, Northernmonkey said:

Update today! Got email from the leasing company with some good news...car arrives on the country next week and will be delivered on Friday 2nd February. 2 weeks and counting 

Excellent news.

Not long now... :D

10 minutes ago, woodwa5 said:

Great news!! I have been told 5th Feb at the moment so wonder if it's the same bath as yours perhaps?

Oooh...not long for yours either.....:D

Think so, despite the lease company being in Sheffield and the company I work for being based in Leeds, car has been sourced through Peter Vardy in Edinburgh!

Was told car has been registration has already been sorted so car just needs to get through customs, BMW centre in Doncaster and then it’s out for delivery.