woodwa5

530e ordered. Dare I ask how long before delivery?

Well after months of agonising over it and researching it I've finally ordered a BMW 530e. I've gone for the 530e in Sapphire Black metallic with Black leather interior. I was considering a 330e but once spec'd up it was about the same price and is a much older model. Didn't need to chose many options, just went for:

BMW Display key (my Mrs choice)

Harmon Kardon stereo (my choice)

Online entertainment

I don't have a build date yet, should get that any day. Does anybody have an idea of wait times yet? I'm leading it through Lex.

i can't wait!!

Excellent news but do you really want to know the answer ????!!

It looks like they are quoting around 25 weeks, but you should get a better idea after a month or so of them receiving the order.

Mine was quoted around 25 weeks but it ended up being around 10 weeks......... no idea why.

Don't forget to get the order number so you can get updates from BMW genius.

My 5th June Leaseplan order MIGHT be delivered in 2 weeks so 5 plus months is a possibility.

"Other" forums are suggesting Feb/Mar delivery from recent orders..

Although not directly related my wife’s C350e was ordered at the same time through Lex and has just been put back to late March (from December).

Edited by carrman

Lex have just given me an estimated stock date of 30/1/18. I'm guessing if that is the case (I'm not naive enough to think that will happen) I'll get it the beginning of February maybe?

14 hours ago, woodwa5 said:

Lex have just given me an estimated stock date of 30/1/18. I'm guessing if that is the case (I'm not naive enough to think that will happen) I'll get it the beginning of February maybe?

If that's the case then you would probably be tempted to tell them not to register it until 1st of March.....

1 hour ago, woodwa5 said:

Is that something they would do? It makes sense to me now you say that

I'm not sure of the "route" you are getting your car, i.e. direct from dealer or lease, but is definitely worth asking.

If it's lease, then they might well be interested in doing that as it means it will be worth more at the end.

If it's direct from dealer, then can leave it at Southampton a bit longer.

I bet they get a lot of similar requests.

Well time for a quick update. Still no move on the 31/1/18 stock date on the Lex site. That will be just over 3 months from order so I expect it to be a little longer to be honest. Really looking forward to it and starting to think about whether to get a charging cable for public charge points. I've just got a move at work and intend to work 14 miles round trip from home at least 2 days per week & 45 miles round trip a couple of days, not sure it will be worth it to be honest.

Well, by my experience, the 14 mile round trip should see you use no petrol even during the cold months of winter.

As for a charging cable, if you are looking at it from a financial point of view, then it probably wont be worth it unless you can charge for free quite often.

I bought a Type2 cable, and made a 13A extension cable (to keep all my options open), and keep them together with the cable supplied with the car in a gym bag. I've had my car since Oct, and probably put that bag in the boot twice....!!

However, the couple of time I did take it and used it, it felt good to know the hotel was paying for the few electric miles I was driving !

9 hours ago, woodwa5 said:

Well time for a quick update. Still no move on the 31/1/18 stock date on the Lex site. That will be just over 3 months from order so I expect it to be a little longer to be honest. Really looking forward to it and starting to think about whether to get a charging cable for public charge points. I've just got a move at work and intend to work 14 miles round trip from home at least 2 days per week & 45 miles round trip a couple of days, not sure it will be worth it to be honest.

Why not? The cable is really not that expensive and alternatives are cheaper online. The car is amazing to drive on full electric and your 14 mile commute would be easily achieved. I get 18 to 20 miles from mine - I know I'm lucky to have a home charge point but i would hate to have the car without and just rely on using fuel to charge the battery

By the way, have you tried ringing Lex or better still, the dealer that Lex is dealing with, to get the order number that BMW recognises ?

You will get a much better idea of the deliver date from BMW Genius with that info. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeyfinger said:

Why not? The cable is really not that expensive and alternatives are cheaper online. The car is amazing to drive on full electric and your 14 mile commute would be easily achieved. I get 18 to 20 miles from mine - I know I'm lucky to have a home charge point but i would hate to have the car without and just rely on using fuel to charge the battery

+1

Should have said that I have a tethered charge point at home and there is no charging facility at work, so my cable hardly ever gets used.

I ordered my car via LEX, and was originally going to get a 530e - ordered at the very beginning of August, told Jan delivery. It was then put back to March, then an update told me they couldn’t guarantee me when I would see my car and there was a production issue?!

I gave up mid-November and swapped my order for a 520d which is due mid-Feb.

I’m also on Bimmerfest, which is mostly people over in the USA and they were sticking 530e orders in without issue. People ordering in September and getting their cars by December...something not quite right there.

Interesting.....well I've asked for the BMW order number so I can check with BMW Genius. Going to a 520d is not an option for me, it's the hybrid tech I am interested in so I'll wait as long as it takes. I expected around March so we shall see. I'll keep you updated.

19 minutes ago, woodwa5 said:

Interesting.....well I've asked for the BMW order number so I can check with BMW Genius. Going to a 520d is not an option for me, it's the hybrid tech I am interested in so I'll wait as long as it takes. I expected around March so we shall see. I'll keep you updated.

Yeah ideally it would have been best for me too (company car tax wise), but had my heart set on a 5 series, and I do anywhere between 500-600 miles a week, so in a bone shaking 2 series Msport is not ideal...don’t want to be stuck in that forever more waiting for a car.

I'm sure I’ll love the 520d just as much anyway, plus at my mileage, I’d be forever filling the 530e up haha.

Hope you get the answer you want and the car comes quicker!

Edited by Back2Beemer

9 hours ago, woodwa5 said:

Who have you asked for the order number ?

Lex or the dealer ?

My experience was that Lex didn't know the BMW order, but they told me which dealer was supplying it.

And it was the dealer that looked up the BMW order number for me.

Mine was through LEX and they couldn't give me any order specifics, only the information that was available on our Company Car portal. I found, through this board, that the dealer network used is Pendragon. I then rang Pendragon Fleet management customer services and told them my name. They gave me the BMW order number and I was then able to track through genius. Lex don't want you checking directly with BMW really but then they will only update the portal with a change in stock date - either forward or backwards. They have a huge number or orders to track so it doesn't surprise me...it is frustrating though as it was a long 5-6 months wait with a 'no change to stock date' update every week!

completely worth the wait though, envy of the car park and so many people have asked for a drive and about the tech. It is an absolutely belter of a machine.

Just to tease you... 23.6 mile commute home today took me 35 mins and averaged 353mpg and 89% on electric.works out at 21 miles fully electric at mway speeds in 4.5c temp. Not too shabby at all.  

1 hour ago, Hantsxlg said:

Just to tease you... 23.6 mile commute home today took me 35 mins and averaged 353mpg and 89% on electric.works out at 21 miles fully electric at mway speeds in 4.5c temp. Not too shabby at all.  

Blimey.......that's really good.

With my car fully charged this morning, it showed a range of 16 miles, which promptly dropped to 15 by the time I got out of my drive...!

G30 ordered mid August and have just been mailed to say it will be delivered this coming Monday. So around 5 months (with options). So not to shabby in comparison to an A3 Black edition that once took 8 months for delivery.