The Flying Banana

Help..on holiday ..burst E39 rear airbag....

In Holland  but need to get the E39 back to UK and NSR suspension air bag is hissing ..I can feel where it's coming from...what I need to know is has anyone seen one of these off ..if I take the airline off from the top .. would I be able to pump in tire slime as temp fix (Audi forum special fix lol )....once home I can replace ..is it worth a try ? 

Rear bar suspension check light goes off it pumps up but will sink .....if it fails completly will tyre rub on wheel well or does the shock keep it from doing that albeit the ride won't be great

Got a touring in if you want to give me a shout tomorrow, can get the part expressed over to you

1 hour ago, The Flying Banana said:

In Holland  but need to get the E39 back to UK and NSR suspension air bag is hissing ..I can feel where it's coming from...what I need to know is has anyone seen one of these off ..if I take the airline off from the top .. would I be able to pump in tire slime as temp fix (Audi forum special fix lol )....once home I can replace ..is it worth a try ? 

Rear bar suspension check light goes off it pumps up but will sink .....if it fails completly will tyre rub on wheel well or does the shock keep it from doing that albeit the ride won't be great

Happend to me in France earlier this year. 

The inlet valve on the bag may be too small to get anything in. Tried to upload a pic, but on my phone and thwarted by the dumb 0.4mb size restriction. The valve is around 1cm in diameter only. 

I wouldn't suggest driving it if it's fully deflated, it'll rub as soon as you try to go over a speed bump and the stability is seriously impaired. 

If you can't get it recovered I'd suggest picking up a replacement bag. 

cheers Tim ....went out cycling tonight as I got a message about an Indy close ...will see what he says in morning....really just want a quick fix to get it home and then I can replace both of them ....

i think  it's an easy job to be fair ...comes out with wheel off and take off air line .am I right ?