Yokozuna

Staying in France

I know there's a few of you lot that visit France on a regular basis and was wondering if you knew of any where good/nice to stay for 1 night in between Paris and Calais? 

or even a nice town to visit where I could go and do a "lucky dip" and pray it doesn't turn out like hostel... :lol: 

thanks in advance 

Yep I know how far it is but I'm driving down from my house to Paris then going to stop on the way back to Calais then back home. 

So any good hotels in between Paris and Calais? ;) 

Dont want to stay in Paris either

Edited by Yokozuna

So southport to paris in one then back the next day?

Really nothing much of  note between paris and calais.

I'd be staying in paris as i said. else just book an ibis anywhere en route and be done.

1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

So southport to paris in one then back the next day?

Yes sir. 

37 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Here you go @Yokozuna

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-0668-ibis-le-touquet-thalassa/index.shtml#location

We've stayed here a few times, lovely little place IMO

Thanks dan, there seems to be a problem with the site atm 

not going till next month, I don't mind driving say a hr or so towards Calais and maybe a bit "off the beaten track" so to speak. 

I anticipate to get to Paris for around mid afternoon.

Le Touqet is lovely pal; we've never booked TBH, always gone out of school holidays. Just turned up and sorted a room, so I'd say it'll be easy enough for you to do too :) 

Websites working for me fine pal; click on the 'check prices/search' button top right

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-0668-ibis-le-touquet-thalassa/index.shtml#overview

I've just seen where I'm going and it's right in the centre of Paris, like almost next to the Eiffel Tower! :shock: 

and there's a hotel around the corner, dunno what to do now? 

I've worked in central paris for the last 5 years Mon-Fri. Give me a shout if u need any help or intel

Why don't you want to stay in Paris particularly It's a great city to wonder about and have a few beers. 

Now driving in in Paris that I would avoid...

I'm not a city person! Like I mean I'd sooner own a vectra than go into a city :shock: 

id sooner stay in a quite town or in a forest or something! 

An yeah driving in Paris is something else! I done that at Christmas! Come out unscathed but about 15 years older! :lol: 

^^

Like you; I like Paris, but a few nights and I've had enough

Much prefer the small seaside towns (St Malo, Le Touquet, La Rochelle etc... Loire Valley is lovely too)

I thought by the title of the thread you had emigrated Jay...........shame ;) 

Thanks, it's not really out my way as I'll have time to find somewhere and it's going in the right direction ;) 

was looking last night at hotels in Paris an I think I'll be not staying there.... :lol: 

Edited by Yokozuna

Don't stay anywhere near Calais and avoid the port. Use Eurotunnel even if it costs more.

Depending which route you take and how far you want to deviate, you will find some places to stay on booking.com 

It is hard to recommend anywhere to stay in my area here in northern France, as generally standards are very low.

17 minutes ago, Ram Rod said:

Don't stay anywhere near Calais and avoid the port. Use Eurotunnel even if it costs more.

Depending which route you take and how far you want to deviate, you will find some places to stay on booking.com 

It is hard to recommend anywhere to stay in my area here in northern France, as generally standards are very low.

Where is it that you are?