Johnjonjo

Tyre pressure warning

On 14/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, Johnjonjo said:

What's wrong with Kwik fit Andrew?

Friends have a Mercedes B Class on mobility whose near side front tyre needs reinflating every 2-3 days.

Been to Kwik Fit countless times as they handle the mobility cars - "nowt wrong with it mate."

Bet if it was a private car it would have needed 4 new tyres, discs and pads all round and an exhaust system.

52 minutes ago, shauney said:

Friends have a Mercedes B Class on mobility whose near side front tyre needs reinflating every 2-3 days.

Been to Kwik Fit countless times as they handle the mobility cars - "nowt wrong with it mate."

Bet if it was a private car it would have needed 4 new tyres, discs and pads all round and an exhaust system.

When I had company cars we had an account with Kwik Shit, I have stories that would make your toes curl, yes each branch is different but I've used ½ dozen and they are all looking to bend you over, it all relates to their KPI's and bonus schemes. 

I know any company has bad reviews on the www, but these really excel year after year after year with the same old stock replies of staff training yada yada yada.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/kwik-fit.co.uk

Edited by sshooie

22 hours ago, Alexak said:

Imho most digital gauges or terribly inaccurate and can be very temperature sensitive especially the cheap ones

I have on of these and it always scores highly during tests:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RACE-RX0014-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B000VZ8S26/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1487627457&sr=1-5&keywords=tyre+pressure+gauge&linkCode=sl1&tag=bestreviewer1-21&linkId=74e5214f1b1bd04ee840cbf505796c0a

I always did  my non TPMS tyres Bi weekly and I still do weekly for my motorbikes where it is probably a lot more important. 

The Proper TPMS sensors are pretty accurate as well 

I have TPMS on my F11 and my Kia Soul but Kia decided just to provide a yellow light on the dash rather than present the pressure and temp data on the centre screen! 

Use the same tyre pressure gauge and it is spot on. As are the TPMS sensors fitted to my car.