Ram Rod

F11 jacking points

I m still keeping my options open regarding holding onto my 518d F11. It is already booked in for an intermediate oil change, but I want to raise the back to extend the suspension in order to clean the rubber gaiters of the shocks

The farmers in northern France ensure the roads are usually cacked  with mud, and the underneath needs a clean

I'm not sure what your question is?

If it's just to jack up remove a wheel, just use a trolley jack on the jack point with a suitable pad on the jack to protect the cars jacking point, take the wheel off and power wash everything. Put wheel back on and repeat on other wheels. I used to do that when I had time pre littl'un!

I bought a cheap rubber jack pad from fleabay for less than £3 and I'm considering buying 3 more and setting them in permanently with a couple of small self tappers if they don't protrude too much.

5 hours ago, Ram Rod said:

I m still keeping my options open regarding holding onto my 518d F11. It is already booked in for an intermediate oil change, but I want to raise the back to extend the suspension in order to clean the rubber gaiters of the shocks

The farmers in northern France ensure the roads are usually cacked  with mud, and the underneath needs a clean

As @535i Andrew and @sshooie have said, get yourself a jackpad and trolley jack to raise each side, you don't need to take the wheel off, just reach in from the back of the wheel and wipe the air spring bellows clean.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:55 PM, Matthew Ashton said:

, get yourself a jackpad and trolley jack to raise each side, 

Here is my jack pad, bought as a pair for a few pounds from eBay. I think they are made from hockey pucks.

image.jpg

my trolley jack has a large circular rubber pad which the above pad fits on top of nicely.

This isn't my jack but the pad design is similar.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ctj2qlp-2-tonne-quick-lift-low-profile/