535i Andrew

Career advice, get an e-mail address

A jobless man applied for the position of "office boy" at a large company. The employer interviewed him, then a test: Clean the floor. “You are hired.” The employer said. ”Give me your email address, and I’ll send you the application to fill in.” The man replied, “I don’t have a computer, or an email.” “I’m sorry,” said the employer, “if you don’t have an email , you can't have the job.” The man left with no hope. He only had £10 in his pocket. He then decided to go to the supermarket, bought a 10 kg tomato crate, then sold them door to door. In two hours, he doubled his capital. He repeated this 3 times and returned home with £60. The man realised that he could survive this way. He started to go everyday earlier and returned late. Five years later, the company was one of the biggest food retailers. He started to plan his family’s future and decided to have a life insurance. He called a broker and chose a protection plan. The conversation concluded, the broker asked him his email. The man replied: “I don’t have an email.” The broker replied curiously, “You don’t have an email, and yet have succeeded to build an empire. Imagine what position you could have if you had an email?!” The man paused and replied: “An office boy!”

Complete tosh. A  made up story to try a pretend that email isn't essential. An email address isn't life changing, but it does make things simpler obviously. Get a fookin email you fake, stubborn tomatoe hawker :D

I've interviewed a few people with funny e-mail addresses, a couple of notable ones were "swinger69@" and a "weedsmoker@", a quick Google also turned up some dubious Twitter names too...

4 hours ago, WNeill said:

Complete tosh. A  made up story to try a pretend that email isn't essential. An email address isn't life changing, but it does make things simpler obviously. Get a fookin email you fake, stubborn tomatoe hawker :D

You realize it's a joke don't you....

No, I didn't, I looked at it out of context, didn't see the topic heading. I'm an eejit. Haha, embarrassing, I guess I don't get the office boy job? 

There's a lesson here, but I'm too dumb to know what it is :lol:

23 hours ago, sshooie said:

I've interviewed a few people with funny e-mail addresses, a couple of notable ones were "swinger69@" and a "weedsmoker@", a quick Google also turned up some dubious Twitter names too...

Rule #1 when interviewing someone, google them!  Although today that will just throw up Facebook and other social media stuff but it can give you a sneaky view of what they are like.

Rule #1 when applying for a job, don't have a stupid e-mail address.