dee121

Angel eyes bulb replacement

When you say newer design are you thinking you can potentially fit the newer 5 series (F10) models headlights onto your one which is the E60?

If so - don’t think ever done before which would mean don’t think you can do it and even if you could, would mean change to body work and wiring and tbh, just wouldn’t be worth it.

I just went for these cheap and cheerful ones just to take the stock yellowish light:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/382200076663 

Now when you say you are looking for bulbs that would give out a bit more beat, again due to the nature of halogen it’s kind of tough to find just a bulb to do that as the actual set of would do that.

However I’ve seen LED Cree versions that might do the trick.

Thr type of bulb for the dipped beam is the H7, so you could search for H7 Cree bulbs as well.

Well if trying to figure out how to sort the bulbs on these models were the only headache.

Hate to break it to you Des but there’s so many irritating things that can go wrong in the E60’s have no idea how I stayed with is for 6 years!!!

But this forum is the place for help to sort out most of the problems so you’re in good company.

Just to add my 2p worth. 

One of my AE bulbs failed last year. Not knowing any better I bought the full Hella unit from ECP for about £25. Once I had the old one out I realised that the bulb could quite easily be changed as already discussed here. 

I kept the old unit and modified it so I could get the bulb out for when the other one went. Its not blown yet but it is definitely dimmer now than the other side. Not wanting to mess with led bulbs,  I bought a set of BA9S bulbs from ebay. 10w but with a blue lens to try and get a whiter light. Tried fitting the other day and the brightness is terrible! Can barely be seen in dim, overcast condition. I took it straight back out. 

Luckily the seller was really good and is sending out just a standard set of 10w BA9S, so will have some spares for when they blow again.