Alexbell911

Voice command problems

Hello people, 

I've got a 2012 f11 which I'm just getting to know the voice commands for. 

Generally it's working well but for some reason I can't get the system to understand the commands 

Call... 

Navigate to.. 

Call is consistently interpreted as "cancel" and can't remember what navigate does at the moment. 

Anyone else experienced this? There's only so many ways to pronounce "call" so I can't believe I'm doing it wrong, lol. Tried lots of other commands long and short and it works fine

Cheers 

Alex 

Edited by Alexbell911

The system is a total waste of time

'Display screen off' and 'stop guidance' are about the only ones I have ever managed to get to work consistently.

You can have fun with it

Asking it to do the laundry or make some toast etc have some interesting results.

I don't have problem with standard commands, but it's interpretation of my phone book is awful!

If I say "Call Home" it will all sorts of shit that's nothing like 'Home'.  I kind you not, the most popular replay to "Call Home" is "Did you mean the Cleveland Up and Over Door Company?"  To get it to recognise 'Home' you have to say 'Hume', then it says "Did you mean Home?".  wtf.

I find it very hit and miss.  I'm on my second F10 and the voice system shows no improvement in my experience over my 2007 E60.  The only voice commands which work reliably for me are "stop guidance" and "traffic reports".  The other one, which I have used is to tell it to f??? off when it goes wrong.  That always results in it cancelling.

It's great when it works and infuriating when it doesn't: by the time I've spent time repeating a command which is completely misinterpreted I may as well stick to the old method, so I seldom bother.