Sign in to follow this  
amazighman

BMW E39 Coding voltage

Hello.

i have a BMW E39 with a failed abs module which i sent for repair and it turned out to be that 2 pins were broken so the repairer soldered two wires onto the missing pins and i have to join/solder them to the corresponding wires on my plug wiring.

i dont think this will be  a long term solution , so i am thinking about getting a second hand abs module same part number and fit it.

Does it always require coding and sensors calibration ? or sometimes it can work no issues straight away?

i am going to get some k line cable and softwares  readily available online , but i am struggling to find a battery charger that will output between 13 to 14 v which i assume is needed for coding, i am not too sure about Amperage i guess it has to be between 10 and 20 amps max.

can someone advice me about a  cheap charger that will meet the requirements and do the job?

Thank you all

6 hours ago, e34m525i said:

I’ve got unit ending in 001 dsc module and pump if that’s the same part no you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unfortunately mine is 0265950002...... would have been great if yours was a match...i had somebody on ebay offer me one for 95 pounds but dont know if it is the going price, i have always owned and repaired Mercedes , so i dont know much about BMW parts  prices

Edited by amazighman

Hi .

I have replaced my abs module with a second hand one.

All good except Abs light is one so is DSC and another warning exclamation mark.

I know it needs coding to get rid of DSC, but what about abs? Is just case of clearing the fault with INPA or needs sensors calibration as well?

Any ideas chaps..

Hi.

I have tried coding using ncs expert, i loaded expertmode but then i got profilversion 2.0 ungültig error, i downloaded the new 3.0 profile and extracted to correct folder but no luck again.

I tried other modes like revtor and got through but when pressing F6 to display modules for coding i get this error 

COAPI-1020: cannot read file C:\NCSEXPERT\WORK\FSW_PSW.MAN

IMG20171013170813.jpg

Edited by amazighman