Abbadon

Most unit failing? Or something else?

My Idrive keeps flashing.

Is this Most unit failing or something else?

How much will Ccc or Vic cost me, and what else would I need to upgrade, since I'll have to shell out for something potentially...

If I do upgrade, is it worth trying breakers first?

Will it be worth it if I was planning to go to denison 500g anyway, should I just replace Most?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sounds more like your CCC or M-ASK is failing.  Time to replace it with a CIC system or better yet a NBT

Ok, coukd you sum up the work involved, coding and physical, and what parts would be required?

On the same subject, I can't seem to summon much life from Bluetooth, all I get is this :

Andy 3454cd0a53e61ae3d02baefb3d333eeb.jpg

If you can't select the Bluetooth in that menu then you're module is definitely kaput. 

When mine failed I don't recall any real idrive issues :huh:

If I unplug bluetooth module, I understand it will screw up optical loop, so likely I won't recover cd changer anyway. I'm planning a denison or similar so I will need to close the loop but getting factory bmw Bluetooth back isn't a priority.

Sounds more like your CCC or M-ASK is failing.  Time to replace it with a CIC system or better yet a NBT

Sooo for NBT, what car is it from and what else do I need, new screen or no?

NBT come from the 2013 year models onwards I think.  Yes, you need the 8.8" screen and new style iDrive controller.

You can get a MOST bypass loop to plug into the loom where your existing bluetooth module is to keep the loop intact.

Avoid the denisons - I have an awful experience with them.  The NBT has the built in bluetooth etc already.

NBT come from the 2013 year models onwards I think.  Yes, you need the 8.8" screen and new style iDrive controller.

You can get a MOST bypass loop to plug into the loom where your existing bluetooth module is to keep the loop intact.

Avoid the denisons - I have an awful experience with them.  The NBT has the built in bluetooth etc already.

So that's screen unit, computer unit and the idrive dial bit, is that bit easy to switch in to much older vehicle?

The trim panel will need modifying for the controller.  What system do you have fitted at the moment, as you may need a to replace part of the centre console

The trim panel will need modifying for the controller.  What system do you have fitted at the moment, as you may need a to replace part of the centre console

It's M-ASK I think in dash, business nav, 6 changer in glove box, Bluetooth in boot.

Two cd slots then?

One slot, I think the idea is dvd goes in dash, and music from changer. But changer on blink right now, possibly due to faulty Bluetooth module screwing with optical loop?

This any good?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122714729541

Andy

3 hours ago, Abbadon said:

This any good?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122714729541

Andy

That's what you need, but then you need to get it coded into the vehicle

You'll need a different screen though - Find one of the 8.8 to fit the E60

Was the NBT fitted to any cars with an 8.8 or do I need to look elsewhere for it listed under different names?

You specifically need the E60/1 screen otherwise it won't fit - the Fx series screens are of a different design.  The older screen will work just fine though

Also check the specs of the NBT as some have dab radio as standard.

Is that the one to go for then? And do these have Bluetooth integrated so I can bin the module in my boot I assume?

Will my old cd changer be able to work with NBT?

Sorry for all the questions!

I believe most NBT have the bluetooth built in, but again check the specs.  No idea about the CD changer - These have an inbuilt hard drive to rip your music to instead of antiquated tech such as CD :lol:

On 07/10/2017 at 12:29 PM, Dotcom1970 said:

I believe most NBT have the bluetooth built in, but again check the specs.  No idea about the CD changer - These have an inbuilt hard drive to rip your music to instead of antiquated tech such as CD :lol:

What about emulation? Or can the unit be activated so that it's not required? Lots of confusing info out there. 

Also, I'm really confused as to what facials I'd need to replace my pre lci mask front and aircon controls? 

Andy 

I've seen emulation devices which get round the coding, but can't offer an opinion on them.  I believe you can fully activate the unit with some clever coding though.

When mine was retrofitted, I had the new dual zone climate controls installed at the same time along with the CIC trim and also the blank trim that holds the centre switch panel.

2 hours ago, Dotcom1970 said:

I've seen emulation devices which get round the coding, but can't offer an opinion on them.  I believe you can fully activate the unit with some clever coding though.

When mine was retrofitted, I had the new dual zone climate controls installed at the same time along with the CIC trim and also the blank trim that holds the centre switch panel.

OK, so you don't need an emulator? 

I have cable and software so if I can find a guide I'll approach the coding myself, if it saves hundreds on emulator. 

I'd appreciate guidance as to the identity of the parts you describe so I can source :)