Hi guys hope you well and stuff. 

Need some some advice again. 

1) Exhaust pipe coming down after the cats is blown, tried to weald it but hav to take everything off from manifold to get a better access to it. Exhaust itself is not in a bad condition. Was thinking would it be worth just replacing the whole system. Does the exhaust come in parts or whole one system. 

2) need to replace front right shock anyone recommed a good brand.

Many thanks for all ur help guys. Take care

Alright Mohammed is it blowing at the 1st joint,mine went recently and it was the bolts that had corroded away,renewed bolts and been fine since.

On no account replace just the one shock. They must be done in matched pairs. Serious safety issue.

On no account replace just the one shock. They must be done in matched pairs. Serious safety issue.

Generally as a rule of thumb, we would replace aged shocks as a pair, but if it's counterpart is not that old and the replaced shock has failed due to damage and not wear and tear then it's perfectly fine to consider only replacing a single unit.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder

Thanks for the shock absorber advice. Thought i put just one lol. Dam hav to buy 2. Would u recommed any make and place to buy. Roughly what price am i looking out for parts. Many thanks.

Stay bless

Edited by mohammed fas kiyani

32 minutes ago, mohammed fas kiyani said:

Thanks for the shock absorber advice. Thought i put just one lol. Dam hav to buy 2. Would u recommed any make and place to buy. Roughly what price am i looking out for parts. Many thanks.

Stay bless

Which E39 have you got (you could do to add those details onto your profile so they appear in your name to the left)?

<<< There

Re shocks, Boge, KYB< Sachs, Monroe, Bilstein etc... Try and stick with a known name and as above, replace both sides.

IMO anything like that (suspension arms, drop links, shocks, springs) should all be replaced on each side rather than just one side, causes an imbalance then)

3 hours ago, mohammed fas kiyani said:

Hi guys

740mick yes at the first joint pipe coming down from cats there are 2 clamps there.

20171004_050319.jpg

Wow that's a beaut that one. It's got to be said I'm not a massive fan of your "repair" strategy....:ph34r: Looks like you may have attempted to "weld" the two flanges together when the reality was that the bolt probably just worked itself loose and needed tightening up or worse case scenario a smidge of exhaust paste and or gasket, new nut and bolt job would have been a good'un, but oh well.... Good luck getting that exhaust flange apart for future maintenance purposes...:ph34r: 

Edited by boiliebasher

I no abit pissed off with the garage. But whats done is done.

Gona try get new bolts and clamps and see what happens. 

Sorry lol

Bmw e39 2003

525i petrol

Sterling grey

Just gona order 2 front sachs from euro car parts.

Thanks for you help guys much appreciated.

Edited by mohammed fas kiyani

Hi guys hope ur all well. 

Just wanted to update the guys.

Right ive replaced the front leaking shock, with 2 new sachs shock absorbers from ECP. 

Got them done yesterday but car sitting abit high. Is that normal first before they settle?

How long does it take for it to go down.?

Secondly that funky exhaust weald.lol

Just gona find a second hand full exhaust system when ever i find one and replace it. 

So far so good. 

Thanks for all your helps guy.

Put a Post in the Wanted section Mohammed for your exhaust,you never know what will turn up for breaking.

If your car is sitting high, probably goes to show that the shocks on it beforehand were past their best! 

When I changed my fronts (with Sachs) it was definitely a bit higher and didn't really change in the years before I sold it

I concluded it was just the rears being worn out that made it look too high at the front

With all the potholes round my way I actually welcomed a bit more height and suspension travel

I have a complete exhaust system (manifold to tailpipe) from a 530i sport in very good condition if you're interested?

Mike

Hi, I'll get some photos soon as I can. It's in my parents garage at the moment. I'm in Leeds but sure we can sort something out using a courier. I bought it as was planning on changing my se to sport spec but that has now changed. Be happy with what I paid which was £75.

Cheers

Mike

Hi guys hope ur all well. Right euro car parts dont sell m sport shocks so be carefull when ordering. After i fitted my sachs front shocks and the height being to high. With help from this forum thank u. Found out euro car parts only sell standard shocks. Hav to repay labour and return them they have accepted there fault. 

Is there anywhere else i could get

m sport shocks guys. And any make u guys recommed. Thank you

Hi, sorry for delay in getting you some photos of the exhaust. Will sort out as soon as I can but I'm in hospital at the moment. I might be able to get someone to take some photos for me. I'll be in touch.

Mike

On 20/10/2017 at 5:04 PM, mohammed fas kiyani said:

Hi guys hope ur all well. Right euro car parts dont sell m sport shocks so be carefull when ordering. After i fitted my sachs front shocks and the height being to high. With help from this forum thank u. Found out euro car parts only sell standard shocks. Hav to repay labour and return them they have accepted there fault. 

Is there anywhere else i could get

m sport shocks guys. And any make u guys recommed. Thank you

Try on here:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/shock-absorber-10221/bmw/5er-reihe/5-e39/15271-530-i

You need shocks that state for M Sport/Mtec/Mtec II etc

Think Monroe and Sachs are about as good as you can get, unless you stump up for Bilsteins

Try eBay too; but get the correct number off RealOEM first

I've had Boge shocks before and zero issues; are you sure they do the relevant Sport dampers though?

There are only a few that list them as that from what I recall

Have a look at the monroe shock absorbers at the bottom end of this page:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/shock-absorber-10221/bmw/5er-reihe/5-e39/15271-530-i?parameter[100]=VA

They seem to be what you need. However speak to them (they have online chat) and they should confirm

OEM Sachs replacement here; about as cheep as I can see on eBay: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SACHS-Shock-Absorber-BMW-5-Series-E39-1995-2004-/142107849758?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW&epid=1962312598&hash=item211649b41e:g:q~4AAOSwFdtXzHan

Edited by d_a_n1979

I made the mistake of believing GSF's website for Boge Msports for my E36, they were about 1/3rd of the thickness of the Bilstein's it rolled out the factory with and turned one hell of a driver's car into a boat. I then got the correct Bilstein B6's from ECP (counter order and price matched to the best online price as they were not on the website) and it turned back into a drivers car.

Also if a garage did that to my car I would be taking them to small claims court for both sections of that exhaust & labour then naming and shaming wherever possible, that repair is beyond awful unless you told them to bodge it, then as you are about to find out you pay twice.