Paul Lewis

Changed my seat at the week end

Assuming the seats are compatible and you have made the seatbelt and seat connections properly then I assume you didn't disconnect the battery whilst carrying out the swap. 

You need to have these faults reset either at a garage or something like carly

Edited by wakey

As above

Sounds like you've triggered the SRS error light, you'll need to have it knocked off by coding (so local BMW garage or decent indy with BMW software) IIRC

If resetting as other guys have suggested, it might be worth checking to see if the pretensioner has blown.

I fell foul of this last week, when I bought a full leather interior on eBay, only to find one of the drivers seat pretensioners had blown.

After replacing it with the pretensioners from my original seating - all warnings cleared after deleting faults using ISTA-D

Is there a handy DIY guide to unbolting the seats?  I just need to unbolt and tilt them back to access the subwoofers....

http://beemerlab.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/e60-audio-getting-rca-audio-feed-from.html

1. Slide the seat all the way back and remove the plastic caps from the front of the runners.

2. Remove the two bolts from the front of the runners using a T50 Torx-head wrench.

3. Slide the seat all the way forward and remove the two bolts holding the rear of the runners using a T50 Torx-head wrench.

4. Lift the seat up. tilt it back out of the way and prop it up.

5. Remove the four crosshead screws from the plastic-grille above the sub and lift it off.

6. Move the carpet on the door-sill out of the way and cut the fabric-tape binding the wires going to the sub together so they can be pulled apart.

:angry: Gave me a headache though.
I tilted the seats forward and proped up.

Edited by DarkHorse

21 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

:angry: Gave me a headache though.
I tilted the seats forward and propped up.

Yes, that's all I wish to do :)