F10530D

How many miles do you drive per year?

How many miles do you drive per year?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you drive per year?

• Less than 4,999
    • 5,000 - 9,999
    • 10,000 - 14,999
    • 15,000 - 19,999
    • 20,000 - 24,999
    • More than 25,000

Bit of a random poll today, though it might be interesting as I know many people doing over 15k a year nowadays!

As I now work from home my annual mileage is only around 6k. 

Don't forget to mention what car you're driving as well!

About 18k a year mixture of commuting, personal and business mileage. Now in a 308 GT-Line HDi auto and saving about £200 per month over my old V70 D5R:D

I do somewhere around 20k +/- now in a 2011 528i (3.0 6 cylinder version) having recently moved from an E60 520d. 

I live on the Cambs/Herts border and commute into London on the train most days but have semi-regular work trips to Manchester, Sheffield and occasionally the South West.

Adding on an annual run down to my parents in Italy gets me easily to 20k despite not turning a wheel some weeks.

It's also amazing how my car seems to cover miles and use fuel even when I'm working in London - Mrs B denies all knowledge...

A bit over 25k a year.  About 15k in my M6,  5-7k in our VW camper and the remaining 5k split between my E39 M5 and M1.

100 mile round-trip daily commute, plus social driving soon adds up...

on a 2011 F07 530D - already with 171k miles on it.

timing chain failed recently - whole engine rebuild needed! so i'm REALLY keen to look after her now...

#walletbypass

5 hours ago, xdotcom said:

100 mile round-trip daily commute, plus social driving soon adds up...

on a 2011 F07 530D - already with 171k miles on it.

timing chain failed recently - whole engine rebuild needed! so i'm REALLY keen to look after her now...

#walletbypass

This is the first 530d timing chain failure I've heard of. Anymore info about it or was it just bad luck?

I am on my second F10 and the 20,000 miles a year I do seems to have no effect on these cars. My previous Alfa GT did not take very well to the punishment of all these rough roads, 40,000 miles, a new steering rank, wheel bearings, several tyres and bushes later followed by a rattly gearbox, it had just it.

This F10 also has the Eco Pro which the first didn't have. I can not believe the difference it makes. I'm not talking about how much of a pig it is to drive but being able to travel near enough 800 miles before reserve. I used to get just before a quarter of a tank left when I reached abot 450 miles in the old F10. My last trip, from filling the tank to full and arriving, the dash reported I had gained 170 miles after travelling 430 miles mostly on the motorway and with half a tank of fuel left.

But recently my fuel economy has dropped since I went to a different supermarket for standard diesel. So I opted for branded standard diesel which seems to have brought it back to normal.

Spending a week on Sport mode got me 280 miles on half a tank...

Edited by Scimmer

Probably end up doing 8k or less for my f11 520d. Missus uses it for school run but we drive to London once a month so hopefully that's ok for the dpf not to clog up. As we tend to use the leaf for all our commuting to work and around town which whichis another 8-9k.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk