vinchenzo

HELP !Locked out and cannot open my e61 [emoji21]

34 posts in this topic

I don't know what the deadlock situation is with the e60, as I stopped being a locksmith 15 years ago.

But when I used to get called to open certain deadlocked cars, you could pull on the interior handles and buttons all you liked, they won't open a deadlocked boot or door.

What about taking off the outer lower door strip and see if you can use a coat hanger in a U shape to push the door catch up?

That would work if the deadlocks aren't on, but that's what they're designed to stop. The idea is you can't just bust a window and open the door.

You could try pushing the central locking button on the dash, but again, it might deactivate after a certain time as a security measure.

If the key is just twisting in the barrel it might have an anti-torque device on it and be gummed up from lack of use.

Try spraying wd40 in the lock, then finger bang it with the key for a bit to loosen it off. Then push the key in firmly and try turning it. If that doesn't work phone someone who knows what they're doing (which isn't me anymore!).

Have you tried holding the key right up to the diversity antenna whilst un locking?

Thinking it could be a range issue coupled with a seized barrel.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Try some wd40 in the lock then try to put key in both ways, put in the key, wiggle a bit then try to unlock if it does not work pull the key out turn it 180 degrees and put in wiggle and try to unlock. Bmw keys are cut on both sides, maybe one wore out more than the other.

My knowledge of the newer cars is limited, but on the older ones I believe the deadlock can be mechanically deactivated by turning the key whilst the handle is lifted. Worth a try?

Old skool trick of getting into deadlocked Vauxhalls is to hit the A pillar with a hammer and chisel. Place chisel in panel gap between wing and front door and hit hard with the hammer. Car thinks it's been in a smash and unlocks the doors.

Friends e60 was locked this way, he lost the key and spare had bad battery. Fortunately e60 has lock on the boot so he could unlock the car. Turned out that key fob failed becose it was not used for a very long time. Few hours later it was working fine.