vinchenzo

HELP !Locked out and cannot open my e61 [emoji21]

34 posts in this topic

Can anyone point me in the right direction please .

I cannot open my car , the remote fob is not working and the barrel is just twisting around . I need to get it open for work in the morning .

I've looked on you tube and all I can really see is videos about prying the door and using some string .. Can anyone help me out please with some advice ??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hmmmm car breaker anyone??

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Call out a 24 hour automotive locksmith. I've had to do this and they used an inflatable pad that slid in around the window frame and would pump up gently pushing the frame away from the body. It allowed enough room for the locksmith to get a grabbing tool in on the door pin and lift it up. Well worth doing and better than damaging your own door trying yourself. Would imagine it would be quite easy to get it wrong and break the window or something.

vinchenzo likes this

Call out a 24 hour automotive locksmith. I've had to do this and they used an inflatable pad that slid in around the window frame and would pump up gently pushing the frame away from the body. It allowed enough room for the locksmith to get a grabbing tool in on the door pin and lift it up. Well worth doing and better than damaging your own door trying yourself. Would imagine it would be quite easy to get it wrong and break the window or something.

The door pin is flush with the door card so that wouldn't work mate .. not sure if they could open it with the inside door handle though ?

i'm a E60 owner not E61 can you not open the tail gate with a key like i can open my boot

Only one key entry on the e61 and that's on the drivers door

usually one under the cover on the passenger door too

What cover do you mean ? , just had a look and cannot see anywhere to put a key in on the passenger side

sometimes on the passenger side there is a key lock, but it is under the bezel (which you would need to remove). not sure if the E6X has this option

sometimes on the passenger side there is a key lock, but it is under the bezel (which you would need to remove). not sure if the E6X has this option

Cannot see one mate .. going to try old school way with some strapping now

hmm weird the E61 only has one barrel lock, give this a try it your are brave enough, i had to do this once on my S class when i was locked out.

Get a wooden wedge(or something similar) and the help of an assistant, slowly pry the top corner of the door away from the body while placing the wedge on the opening, only enough to get a straightened metal coat hanger through the gap with a hook shaped bent end and try to attach onto the pull handle, its very frustrating to attach and get the handle to pull back but persevere and you could do it, it took my over 30 minutes once trying to get it catch.

The door frame will bend back into shape with a good shove afterwards, if it needs it at all.   

Cannot see one mate .. going to try old school way with some strapping now  

Not worked . Back to the drawing board

hmm weird the E61 only has one barrel lock, give this a try it your are brave enough, i had to do this once on my S class when i was locked out.

Get a wooden wedge(or something similar) and the help of an assistant, slowly pry the top corner of the door away from the body while placing the wedge on the opening, only enough to get a straightened metal coat hanger through the gap with a hook shaped bent end and try to attach onto the pull handle, its very frustrating to attach and get the handle to pull back but persevere and you could do it, it took my over 30 minutes once trying to get it catch.

The door frame will bend back into shape with a good shove afterwards, if it needs it at all.   

Looks like I'll have to try that after I get the bus home after work .. I. Not a happy chap right now

Is it a faulty fob or is your car battery dead

Car battery is good , new battery in key fob , its possibly the diversity antenna although it was a new one approx 3 years ago , the radio still works though

I had the car washed yesterday and we had heavy rain today ,

the remote locking/unlocking stopped working for a couple of weeks , then mysteriously started working after the main battery was disconnected /reconnected while a starter motor issue was worked on . It has been fine for about 6 weeks, I drove the car this morning then came home , when I went to pick my son up from school this afternoon , It would not open

I am contemplating drilling a hole in the boot lid behind the number plate , I've seen a YouTube video of it done on a 7 series , but ... I would need to work out the exact location of the latch to pull on

9 minutes ago, vinchenzo said:

I am contemplating drilling a hole in the boot lid behind the number plate , I've seen a YouTube video of it done on a 7 series , but ... I would need to work out the exact location of the latch to pull on emoji848.png

Sounds a bit risky to me!! :ph34r: I would just catch a lift into work and ring up a pro in the morning instead of drilling random holes in the body work......

vinchenzo likes this

Does anyone know of a safety feature if a key was left in the boot on the e61 ?

Just thinking I could simulate that by holding the key on the out side ?

nope, same as the e39 when I remote opened the boot, put the keys down with the shopping and closed the boot, and swore, a lot!!  Had to get a taxi home, get the spare key, taxi back to car and let myself in with the spare!!  If you've a spare key it's the best option - even if the remote opening doesn't work the key will open the door lock.

vinchenzo likes this

You need to find a way of opening the tailgate glass lid without breaking the glass so you can climb through. There is info on how-to but can't find it.

vinchenzo likes this

You need to find a way of opening the tailgate glass lid without breaking the glass so you can climb through. There is info on how-to but can't find it.

Yep if I could, there is a latch on the inside that will open the boot lid once the glass lid is opened