Calypso-E34

Bum twitching in a RWD car!!

12 posts in this topic

I've been back in a BMW since July after over 3 years of driving a front driver, but today was the first big reminder of that - 5 mile diesel spill along the A96 this morning, which I discovered the old fashioned way!  Twitchy bottom for a few seconds, but all is well.  Accidental fun on a public road - can't beat it!

Just thought I'd share that....

NuckingFuts likes this

Oh I bet you that woke you up!

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Lennox said:

Oh I bet you that woke you up!

Just now, The Flying Banana said:

a bit of street drifting on the morning commute eh ..2 mins back in a BMW and you are turning into a hooligan :) 

Damn right on both counts!

Lennox likes this

Did similar the other day going round a roundabout, albeit at c20mph, only caught the diesel oil spill at the last min and went sideways for a short second or 2... Knew I had strong buttocks, this just proved that fact even more, left a crease in the seat base :lol: 

Even more butt clenching is riding a big sports bike through the same patch.

Fun in a car though.

I haven't had the tail out in the F10 yet.  Probably because its the most expensive car I've owned, so I haven't provoked it yet for fear of the repercussions!

E60, could regularly hang the tail out and worryingly the traction control would have to intervene during gear changes when planting it at 60mph, that made me clench!  Never had the TC intervene when in a straight line before!

E39 was good to drift in the snow and got caught on a roundabout in Erskine when a Porker in front managed to loose his sump contents.  I could see a strange wet patch on the road, didn't think it was oil until I crossed it and felt the car go.  Porker was sat on one of the adjacent roads with his hazards on with the wet patch leading all the way to it.

Senator, I managed to drive most of the way down a slip road on the expressway in Glasgow using the passenger side window for forward visibility when the first autumn rainfall event happened.

d_a_n1979 and Calypso-E34 like this

23 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

I haven't had the tail out in the F10 yet.  Probably because its the most expensive car I've owned, so I haven't provoked it yet for fear of the repercussions!

I can assure you, I did not intend to revisit my opposite lock days on the A96, but at least I know the Force is still there!  Doesn't matter what sort of tyres you have too, if there's a diesel spill, they won't help.  Never had an E60, but had both the E39 and the Senator, all 3 litre cars, and all capable of getting sideways very easily.  My last Senator was a 1991 H reg car.  I put the number plate A9 FED on it, and had fun with it on the Aviemore to Inverness part of the A9, giving drivers twitchy bottoms for other reasons - Senators were commonly used by Plod back then.

I know.  Childish.  But I was in my 20s!

535i Andrew likes this

10 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Senators were commonly used by Plod back then.

I used to get waves from traffic officers when I was in mine.

In E39 ownership days, local traffic plod in Dumbarton had a similar blue unmarked E39 as mine.  No one would ever overtake me in my E39 on the 40mph dual carriage way in Dumbarton...

Around Glasgow all you need is a plain 5er with the registration starting with SF and folk will think you are plod and miraculously start behaving!

Lennox likes this

I've done it intentionally then gone whoops. Mine will do wonderful burnouts. Up until the point it JUST hits the camber of the road and suddenly there's a LOT of opposite lock going on to stop it driving into a hedge. Gotta have some fun sometimes!

I used to get waves from traffic officers when I was in mine.

In E39 ownership days, local traffic plod in Dumbarton had a similar blue unmarked E39 as mine.  No one would ever overtake me in my E39 on the 40mph dual carriage way in Dumbarton...

Around Glasgow all you need is a plain 5er with the registration starting with SF and folk will think you are plod and miraculously start behaving!

I love having the 535d touring, it makes you feel a bit like the following video and empties the outside lane like... (see 23 seconds)

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

My E21 found some diesel at the exit of a roundabout on the A9 this spring - caught me completely unawares !