Markinator

Terra Clean v re map on e46 325i facelift

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have recently aquired my first BMW.  

As I said in the title its an e46 325i facelift.  As much as I love it I have had it for a few months now and, as is always the way after the honeymoon period, I want more power lol.

I was thinking of re mapping but the gains are minimal (192-205bhp and 245-264 Nm) but the dude on the phone suggested a Terra Clean as in his experience older cars (mine is 53 plate and just over 100K miles) that usually yeilds better results.

I know cars can loose significant power due to carbon build up and its half the price of a re map but I don't want to blow £130 and have nothing to show for it

On the phone he said that avg power loss on this sort of age car is 30-40 horses and the clean will restore original power but friends have debunked it

One guy I know said Beemers don't get clogged up is that right ? Is there some sort of de carbonising system I am unaware of ?

Lastly has anyone with comparable make/model/year had it done ?  If so what was the out come ?

Thanks in advance

Hope someone can help

N/A engine dont waste your money or time mapping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved my 330 and tried a few 325's. But, they never felt quick, even the 330.

They are genuinely quick for the power they make though. The cars disappearing in the rear view mirror confirmed it.

I guess that's the trouble with a turbine smooth 6 in a refined car.

Markinator likes this

12 hours ago, Markinator said:

On the phone he said that avg power loss on this sort of age car is 30-40 horses and the clean will restore original power but friends have debunked it

One guy I know said Beemers don't get clogged up is that right ? Is there some sort of de carbonising system I am unaware of ?

30-40 hp loss seems a bit far fetched to me....:ph34r: I think the chap on the other end of the line might have been telling you porky pies...... IMHO you can de-carbonise the engine all you want, remap and you might gain a couple of mpg and a couple of hp but nothing that's going to set the world on fire. I agree with kjb1, I wouldn't bother wasting the time or money and just put the money saved on back into the fuel tank instead :D

Markinator and Mojo Jojo like this

21 hours ago, kjb1 said:

N/A engine dont waste your money or time mapping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean N/A engine ?  

1 hour ago, Markinator said:

What do you mean N/A engine ?  

Naturally aspired engine. i.e there is no form of forced induction via a turbo or supercharger. The engine simply "breathes in" as much as it needs to burn the combustible. The air is not physically forced into the engine:)

Edited by boiliebasher