Vee

Doppleganger encounter

8 posts in this topic

I was filling up yesterday when an E39 M5 in the same Le Man's blue as mine pulled in behind! The driver was from local garage who're prepping it for sale. Number plate was M5 XXX - it seemed ok....88k miles, bit of rust in usual places, stainless exhaust tips (poked out a bit far!). Anyone know it?

Anyone know it?? Think you need to be a tad more specific with your clues bud!!

As a blue M5 with sticky out exhausts not really much of a clue UK wide. Ie location, garage for sale at, photo???.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, fair one KJB1 :)

Not much to add though, as I said car was driven by employee of dealer who didn't seem all that clued up. Only clues are 88k, Le Man's, pony looking exhaust and just taken on by a Lincoln dealer. Possibly from an auction but the guy did seem to think that an £18k sale price was realistic so maybe it was bought privately as an 'investment'!

If it pops up for sale i'm happy to give it a once over if anyone's serious about it....

Edited by Vee

Wow £18k, are they going up in value that much!! wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think really nice original ones are peaking around the £20k mark, a lot of people are chancing their arm which is fair enough.

It would have to be very original and very well looked after to be a £20k example and sell for that as well in my opinion.

cheers

I sold my Le Mans blue car to a guy who was going to put a plate reading 'M5 R(something, I cant remember!)J' on it, however, that car was well over 150k miles when I sold it so unless someones been up to naughty things it's unlikely it's my old car! :D