pidgeonpost

Eejit of the week award?

10 posts in this topic

In town this morning I came out of one of the buildings behind and to the rear of the parked Vauxhall and at first I thought there had been an accident as there were two women with buggies at the front of the car who appeared to be having some sort of difficulty and trying to cross the road. A dumb place to cross thinks I as there's a crossing a couple of yards away. Just then the lights changed so I crossed on the crossing. I could then see that the women plus buggies had no room on the pavement to get past the car so were having to push their kids INTO THE ROAD to get to the crossing.

I stood and looked at the car for a few seconds wondering if it had broken down as it was causing traffic problems. Just then a bloke in his 30's(?) who I'd noticed standing in a doorway ran across to the car to get something. When he came back the conversation went something like this:

'You're not going to leave it there are you'?

'Yeh, I'll only be a minute'

'Maybe, but you're breaking the law by parking on the zigzags and on the pavement. Can't you park in one of the side-streets?'.

'No there's no room. I'LL ONLY BE A MINUTE'.

'But the zigzags are there for a reason - you're blocking the view of the crossing - those women had to go into the road with their kids!'

'OK, but I'll be gone in a minute'.

'And what if someone gets knocked down in that minute'?

No reply. At that point he disappeared into the fast food joint to collect his order while I wished him a quick and unpleasant association with a member of the local constabulary. But there's never one around is there?

IMG_20170912_115809.jpg

Totally agree with you and being a dad who has recently had to push prams onto the road, I fully support what you did.

However my wife always warns me not to challenge these kinda people as you never know if you will end up with a knife in your belly. As a medic she has seen first hand what sort of things can happen in these situations. If they are the kind if person who parks a car like that then who knows what goes on in their minds, if they have one. She says In today's society it's far better to take a picture and post all over social media. It's far safer. And far more people will see what a cretinous person they are.

pidgeonpost and NuckingFuts like this

You're right, and normally I would avoid tackling someone nearly half my age. It wasn't an aggressive face-off on either part and I was incredulous as much as angry, but I had no way of knowing the emotional state of the guy. Not a smart move, but there is so little police presence on the street to act as a deterrent that driver behaviour is unbelievable at times.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

535i Andrew likes this

Ignorant bastard, i'd have given him a tug as well.

Well done, twat might think twice next time.

pidgeonpost likes this

I don't know if we have that service, but the last time I rang 101, I gave up after 15mins without an answer.

SuperDave likes this

Does the local police have a service similar to this where you live.

https://www.north-wales.police.uk/contact/minor-incident-reporting/roads-policing-intel

No, nothing quite like that - just an email address to send details too. I guess they might consider it a bit late for me to report this though - 4 days ago now.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

On 12/09/2017 at 8:26 PM, roofer said:

Well done, twat might think twice next time.

We'd like to think so, but I doubt it.

Narrow pavement; zig-zags; what appears to be a busy road and he still thinks that is acceptable? Pure selfishness.

Well done, OP. Send the picture anyway and then you've done all you can. Oh, and repost the picture without the anonymising!

pidgeonpost likes this

Took your advice grapefruit and got this reply this morning. End of story then - unless I see him there again!  <_<

Thank you for your email to us in relation to the Vauxhall insignia causing an obstruction on Bath Road in Cheltenham. The Registered owner of the offending vehicle has been contacted and advised of the complaint and warned about future parking.

Many Thanks

Paula

PC 1827 PRICE

CHELTENHAM LIT

************************************************************************************

This email, together with any files or attachments transmitted with it, is intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and notify the originator immediately.  Please note that any unauthorised copying, disclosure or other processing of this information may be unlawful.  Unless otherwise stated, any opinions expressed in this email are those of the originator and not necessarily of Gloucestershire Constabulary.  Although the sender has taken steps to protect the material sent, there is no guarantee that the communication will be virus-free.  Gloucestershire Constabulary reserves the right to monitor all email activity and content in accordance with current legislation.

***********************************************************************************

535i Andrew and NuckingFuts like this